Chapter 103

"Oh, Morgan!" Jada yelled, leaping into my arms, Little Chris and Cam stumbling after her. I hugged her back, her eyes inflamed red and her whole face puffy. "Please tell me he's going to be okay! My baby... he has to be okay!"

"Jada," I began in a calming tone. I needed to calm her down, especially for the kids. Also, for my sake. Along with DJ, Blake and Matt, of course. "He's in surgery right now. They said they'll do everything in their power to save him. I believe he'll make it. But you're going to have to believe it too." She removed herself from my embrace, and wiped her tears away, nodding along with my advice.

"I just... I love him," she admitted and I nodded my head.

"We all do," I told her. I couldn't believe I was the one being calm in this situation, for once. "But right now all we need is rest and hold onto hope. That's the only thing we've got." She hugged me again and I saw Kelly from my peripheral view. I could tell she didn't want to intrude. I removed myself from Jada and squeezed her shoulders, giving her another soft smile and turning to Kelly. I walked up to her as she hugged me.

"She can get the kidneys, Morgan," she told me. "She's cleared. She has a kidney." Kelly wiped her eyes, and grabbed my hand, holding it tight. "You're such a great girl, Morgan, I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this. Thank you." I felt Blake walk up behind me and I smiled to him. I couldn't help but notice he didn't smile back. Kelly turned to Blake. "Thank you for taking care of this girl." Blake added a short, fake smile and nodded. She turned back to me, "And, um... Tom is with her. She wants to see you. She's on this floor if you would like to see her now." I opened my mouth, but just nodded. I couldn't even find any words. She walked away to go get Hannah. I took a deep breath, and touched up my face and redid my hair, so I can look at least a little decent.

"I get to meet her!" I told Blake, excitedly, gushing.

"Congratulations," he added, flatly. What was up with him now? Chris' accident probably just shook him up and put him in a grumpy mood. It put everyone on the edge. "We're going to be talking later." I looked at Blake to see any sign of amusement, but there was none. I cocked my eyebrows at him, wondering what the hell was going on.

"Blake? What's up?" I asked him. He just shook his head. "Did I do something wrong?" This was just getting old. Everything I did, Blake had a problem with. I just wanted for once to be happy with him for at least three days. Blake always wanted to pick a petty fight, when all I wanted to do was move on from all the negatives and work on the positives, our marriage and our future family. But, as normal, Blake was stuck in the cold hard past.

"Morgan?" I heard Kelly's small voice, tearing me from Blake's cold and hard gaze. I looked down to see my Hannah. She looked just like me. She was me. She had the same nose. She had the same small, petite lips. The same poo brown eyes, but had that gleam of honey in them. She had the same bushy black eyebrows and the same small chin. I felt a tear escape my eye as I bent down to Hannah's level. She ran up to me and hugged me, wrapping her small, frail arms around my neck. I pressed two more tears from my eyes, but smiled into her shoulder. She sniffled behind me, she was in tears too.

"You're my mom?" Her small, high pitched voice asked into my shoulder. I smiled with pride and made a nervous giggle, trying to hide my evident tears.

"I'm your mom," I told her, softly. I was her mom. I am her mom. We separated from the hug, although I wanted to hold her longer. She looked up to Blake, who towered feet over her.

"He's my dad?" She asked. I looked away from her and another nervous laugh escaped my lips.

"No, I'm not," Blake answered for me. She nodded and seemed to accept this for now, but somehow I knew the subject was going to come back up again. I stood up, as Hannah reached for my hand, and grasped it firmly. Her little hand was warm, and she smiled up to me.