Chapter 92

I heard Blake walk through the front door and into the back bedroom, where I lay almost asleep. I wish I had gone to sleep earlier, I wasn't in the mood for the Blake Griffin Inquisition tonight. He dropped his duffel bag on the ground and flopped into the bed.

"Hey, baby," he cooed, kissing my head lightly, before plopping next to me. "Why'd you leave early, what's up?"

"I called my... uh, Cynthia," I stuttered, blocking the light from my view, my arms covering my eyes.

"Your mother?" He asked me and I nodded, taking a deep breath.

"I'm flying them out to LA, so we can 'talk' or whatever," I told him.

"Morgan, I don't want you seeing them," Blake said sternly and I rolled my eyes. Blake knew I could take care of myself. Sometimes his babying I found attractive and cute, but other times it made me frustrated. "You may see them and you may not be able to patch up things, move on, they may hurt you, and I don't want my baby hurt."

"I'm not going to get hurt," I argued, shaking my head, "whatever happens, happens."

"But why when we are working on you getting over your past are you letting them right back in?" Blake questioned me almost immediately and I shrugged. "I know you can take care of yourself, I do, but I'm your fucking husband and I don't want anything to ever happen to you." I tried to suppress my goofy smile when he said this, but I couldn't. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him on the lips passionately. I could tell he still wanted to talk and something else was bothering him. "And I saw you leave with Russell... what did you guys talk about?" I smiled at Blake to reassure him.

"I'm just trying to clear things up with him," I told Blake, innocently. Because that was what I was doing. "I still want to be there for him, you know? As a friend of course... I just hate letting people go. He just had a lot he had to get off his chest and I was there to listen."

"Like..." Blake trailed off, propping himself onto his side and on his elbow so he could listen. "What did you guys talk about?"

"Something horrible happened," I told Blake and cleared my throat. "You know Russell's ex-fiancé, Nina, right?" Blake nodded. "When they were still together, Russell walked in on Serge fucking her in Russell's bed." Blake grimaced and shook his head.

"Yeah, that's kinda bad," Blake admitted. "How are they okay?" I shook my head and shrugged, pursing my lips.

"You know I really really love you?" I asked him and he smiled, tapping my nose with his finger.

"I do really, really love you," Blake said, smiling, "and so does Russell." I sighed and rolled my eyes when Blake said that. Should've seen that one coming.

"Cut him some slack, Blake, he doesn't know what he's thinking right now, he's just lonely," I stood in his defense.

"Can you just tell me one thing," Blake asked, and I nodded, "You... you haven't done anything else with him, right?" My body froze and and face grew hot. Adrenaline sped up and coursed through my veins as I could feel my cheeks were turning Crimson. Should I tell him the truth? That we kissed... Russell and I kissed. I was still with Blake when we kissed. I did something I swore I would never do again. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to be honest, didn't I? Maybe a little white lie? My breathing sped up, and it felt like all my joints froze up and I couldn't move. I couldn't open my mouth to say anything. "Morgan?" He asked me, and it felt like the whole room was spinning. I couldn't lie now, Blake would for sure know. "Please..." Blake shook his head, biting his lip.

"The night you left and got drunk, when I found out I was pregnant, I was walking over to DJ's place, when I saw Russell in the hallway," I recalled the story from the other night, "he invited me in, we talked for a while of course... that's when he confessed his love for me."

"So... you knew before?" Blake asked me, and I nodded slowly.

"And he kissed me," I said slowly, telling a little white lie. Blake huffed and ran his hands over his face. I could see Blake was angry as hell. He had a right to be. "It was just a peck, Blake, I swear and I ran out. It shouldn't have happened and I should've listened to you. I thought I could handle things on my own, and I couldn't. I'm so so sorry, Blake. Are you mad?" Blake didn't answer, and he let out a snort and then bit his lower lip and shook his head. A tear slipped from his left eye, and he just kept shaking his head. I took a few shaky breaths, as I kept looking at Blake. He didn't say anything, he put his hands over his head, and wiped his tear away.

"Why can't you just stay away from him?" Blake asked, his voice pierced with both anger and hurt, maybe disappointment. I just shook my head and shrugged. I didn't know why I couldn't stay away from Russell. I just couldn't. I couldn't, both physically and emotionally and mentally. Why couldn't I, damnit? "Normally when guy's tell their girlfriends, wives, fiancés, to stay away from a guy, they know their intentions. I knew his. Why couldn't you just listen to me?"

"Because he was... is my best friend, Blake," I said, not knowing who I was defending. "Ever since I was a teenager I've had a hard time letting people go. I just can't let people go. Because my parents left me... my family left me... my best friends left me... I'm sick of fucking people leaving me, and I sure as hell won't let anyone go." Blake sat up in the bed to meet my gaze.

"What the fuck..." Blake trailed off, snorting, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "I get it, I do," he said, taking back what he said, "I just... I don't know how I can trust you with him. How I can move past it. Actually, I can't."

"So you can't trust me?" I asked, dropping my jaw.

"Give me one reason that I should," Blake shot back, lying back down on his back. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came. He was right. He was absolutely right. I wasn't trustworthy. At least not with Russell, I couldn't argue with him on that one. "Exactly," Blake said, shaking his head.

"You're right, Blake, you can't," I said, nodding my head and biting my lip. "But you can trust me on this; I love you so much, that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are the love of my fucking life."

"Really?" Blake asked, chuckling to himself. "Are you sure about that one?" I shook my head in frustration.

"What are you saying?" I asked him and he shrugged and then took a deep breath.

"Morgan," he began. I knew when he said my name first it was always something serious. That always tended to scare me. "Are you in love with Russell?"

"No," I answered.

"Then that's all I needed to hear," Blake commented, planting a small kiss on my lips and then lying back down. "Goodnight." He turned off the bedside lamp, and left me sitting Indian style on the bed, in the dark. I opened my mouth to say something, but then closed it, deciding enough was said tonight. I sat there in shock, wondering how Blake came to the conclusion, and how he had the balls to ask me that. I took a deep breath as my skin erupted in goosebumps, and an eerie crawling feeling moved under my skin. My stomach filled with butterflies and my face grew warm. I knew when this happened. I knew what was going on. This feeling happened when I was telling a lie. I knew one thing for sure now. It became pretty clear. I loved Russell Westbrook.

If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared it's gonna cause problems. Even if you're scared it'll burn your life to the ground. You say it. You say it loud.•