Chapter 18

"What'd she say? What'd she say?" All three guys attacked me when I walked through the door of the house. It took me by complete surprise.

"Hold on," I said, calmly, trying to push through them. "Let me put my purse down, first." Before I knew it, Blake grabbed my purse and flung it through the foyer into the next room. "Blake! My phone was in there!" I slapped his arm.

"Oh well, tell us!" Blake urged like a little kid. DJ was shoving me trying to get it out of me. I walked the through them and to my purse which lay on the floor. My phone seemed to be okay, and soon the guys were rushing over to where I was, making me claustrophobic. I walked over to the kitchen and put my phone down. To be honest, I didn't want to break it to them that Jada said she would never get back together with Chris. I knew I would have to tell them, how could I keep it away, with them crowding me like this?

"I talked to her," I said slowly.

"Well, duh," DJ interjected. I shot him a look, and he held up his hands in his defense.

"And..." I drew on. Blake and Chris were about to explode. Blake pushed me playfully to urge me on. "Um... She said she wouldn't fight for custody of Chris and Camryn." Chris bent down and fist bumped the air.

"Yes! I get to have my kids, at least." He said.

"What else did she mention?" DJ and Blake said in unison, turning around and high-fiving each other quickly.

"Um... nothing, really," I muttered, smiling nervously and pushing past the boys to go into the living room.

"Wait," I heard Blake's voice call, "what about them getting together? That's one of the main reasons we sent you there." I waited for a minute, connecting eyes with each of the boys and then looking down to my feet. I shook my head, keeping my gaze from them. Blake sighed. "It's okay, you did your job," Blake said coming over to me, hugging me, holding me.

"What did she say exactly?" Chris asked, I could hear he was nervous through Blake. Blake let go of me, and I looked to Chris who seemed worried.

"I... don't want too..." I began, but Chris cut me off.

"Just tell me, Morgan," he said, sternly. I took a deep breath.

"She said she won't come back to you now, she won't come back to you ever. She said she's done." Chris hung his head low, and DJ pat him on the back.

"Hey, buddy," DJ said trying to cheer him up. "It's okay. At least you have your kids." Chris tried to smile but headed for the doorway, back to the guest house. "Wait, where are you going?" DJ asked trying to put a bunch of cheerfulness in his voice.

"It's fine, you guys have fun," Chris muttered and disappeared through the doorway and onto the sidewalk that lead to the guest house. Blake stood up from the couch to go to talk to Chris, but I pushed him back down.

"Let me go talk to him," I said, keeping a serious face to Blake who understood what I wanted. DJ nodded to me and I walked out of the back door, to a Chris that was already inside. I walked past the pool, and through the lawn, opening the backyard gate, to keep Cody and an occasional Chaney in the yard. Chris must have ran back here. I walked up to the house's steps, knocking on the door. If Chris didn't answer, then I would just walk in. When I waited a couple minutes and he didn't answer, I just opened the unlocked door. "Chris? Chris? Please just talk to me?" I heard him shuffling around in the kitchen, and in a few seconds saw him turn up next to me. I gave him a hug. "It'll be okay, I promise," I said, putting my hands on his shoulders, and disconnected our hug. "I know she's not over you, she'd be stupid to leave you." Chris shook his head, sighing dramatically.