Chapter 27

I slumped down the stairs in a really bad mood, and I could tell I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Which was bad since today was the first NBA game. I should've been happy for my boys, but right now, I wasn't really feeling supportive of DJ. I walked into the family room, and saw Blake awake on his phone on the couch. I gasped and immediately felt terrible. I forgot I locked the door and locked Blake out of the bedroom. He turned around and looked at me, smiling. "I'm so sorry, I was so mad last night. I forgot I locked the door," I slapped my forehead softly. Blake chuckled softly and raspily.

"It's fine," Blake said, his voice really sleepy. He opened his arms and invited me over. "C'mere." I walkd over to his embrace, and he held me tightly and protectively. "Are you sure you can't come with me?" I knew this is what he was going to bring up. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine, DJ is sleeping in the living room, what happened last night? Nobody would tell me." I took another deep breath.

"DJ and Maya were making out in the pool." I told him, exhaustingly. I was exhausted. The way Maya had told me she cared, how she wanted to patch up where we left off... She sure wasn't patching up much. Not that I cared at all about that ignorant Serge guy, but I knew it hurt to be cheated on, and I sure didn't want to experience that with Blake. I was still pretty sure the poor guy had feelings, and what I saw last night wasn't okay. I didn't know what to think on DJ's part. Maya could just be a rebound to him, he could just need something to get Amber off his mind. I guess I could live with that. But not with Maya, not with the friend I'm working on our relationship with. I shook my head, not being able to get the images of last night out of my head.

"You left your phone on the coffee table last night," Blake said, picking up the phone from the table next to him and handing it to me. "Maya has been texting you nonstop since she left. Surprised your phone hasn't broken." He held the phone out to me, but I didn't take it. I shook my head and Blake placed the phone back down on the coffee table.

"She cheated on Serge, Blake," I reminded him, which he clearly seemed to have forgotten. Blake snorted and rolled his eyes, flopping back on the couch. "Cheating is wrong no matter who the person is. Nobody deserves to go through that. No one." Blake bit his lower lip and nodded slowly and understanding. "Now, c'mon, your big first game is tomorrow, we can't be moping!" I said trying to pump him up. A smile spread across his face and he jumped off the couch with pride.

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

"Ta-da!" I said, as I outstretched my arms over my head to show off my outfit for Blake. I was so pumped and excited, and all those words. This was their first game to an amazing season, and the thought that I was going to be apart of it, was even better. It was a couple hours before the warmups and a few hours before the game. I was wearing black cropped leggings and a Los Angeles Reckless crop top, to match with a black SnapBack. Blake shook his head and scrunched up his nose. I gasped, "what's wrong with it?"

"Okay, don't get me wrong," Blake said, holding his hands up in defense. "Your ass... perfect in those leggings," I gasped and Blake laughed, still holding his hands up in his defense. "Your top.... that's where you went wrong." I cocked my eyebrows, wondering what he was talking about. "Hold on," he said getting off the bed and going into the huge walk in closet. He returned in a couple seconds with one of his jerseys. I instantly smiled as he walked over to me. I gazed at my outfit in the mirror, as he walked up behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and put his chin in between my shoulders, kissing me lightly. I smiled and bit my lip as he got off me. He instructed for me to lift up my arms and as I did, he slid off my crop top, which exposed my black bra. He wrapped his buff arms around over my chest and hugged me protectively. He ran his thumb across my chest, which felt amazing. He took the jersey and slid it over my head and it was really big, but looked perfect at the same time. "You're apart of the team now," Blake whispered. "I would do anything to protect you. I won't let anything happen to you. Ever."