Chapter 136

I put Marcus back in his crib to hear the door erupt open and slam from downstairs.

"Morgan! Morgan!" I heard shouts from the basement as loud footsteps came up the steps. I turned around to see Blake in the doorway, dropping his bags on the ground and wrapping me in his arms. "I'm so sorry I missed it, I searched everywhere for a direct flight from Tokyo and I finally found one. Oh, God, I missed you so fucking much." He held me and I started to cry in his arms. I missed him so much these past two months. More than anything on this planet. He had been on the flight tour with Michael Jordan and LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. I had missed him more than anything. Just for him to be able to hold me right here, right now, was the best feeling. "There he is... There's Marcus." I put my hands on Blake's chest and kept him there as I turned around and picked up a sleeping Marcus. I cocked him on my hip and turned to face him. Blake covered his mouth and tried to look tough but I knew his soft, baby ass that I loved so much was going to cry.

"Blake Austin Griffin, meet your son, Marcus Layne Griffin." Blake grasped Marcus in the strongest, most protective hold. He looked at Blake with these big deep blue eyes that looked like the ocean. Blake just stared at him and bounced him up and down little by little.

"He's so beautiful." Blake whispered, touching his little curls. "He's the most gorgeous person. He's...." Blake brought Marcus's head onto his chest and a tear escaped his right eye. He started crying into Marcus's hair and he wrapped me in his other one. Blake cried into Marcus's hair and I held Blake. I decided to leave the two alone. I went into the bedroom and stretched out my back and sat in the chair as tired as ever.

I was still sore as hell. It felt like everything hurt. I was upset Blake wasn't there. I really was. It had been hard for me to let him go after what had happened, when he had gotten shot. He promised me he would only go for half the tour and even then, a month was forever without him. But three and a half weeks into him being gone, he called me, finally finding the time, to tell me he had to stay the full month of the tour and he would be back in time to see Marcus being born. Blake walked into the bedroom, but I didn't open my eyes. I kept my hand draped over my forehead, my legs kicked up on the small table to the side. I heard Blake sit on the bed. I still made no movement to speak. I should be so thrilled Blake was home, I really should. He had been blowing me off in Tokyo and then with him dropping the bombshell of staying in Japan another month, made me feel angry. With him missing the birth... That made me want to go off on him even more.

"I come back after two months in Tokyo and I can't even get one small kiss?" He said from the bed. I didn't respond, I didn't want to. "I'm sorry, Morgan. I should've been here. I made a mistake." I stayed silent. Blake groaned. "Morgan---"

I cut him off before he could say anything more. "I'm fine." I took my hand from my face and took my feet down from the table and looked into Blake's eyes. "I feel fine. If I wasn't fine I would tell you." He stared into my eyes and clapped his fists together nervously and pursed his lips. I stood up and walked over to the window.

"Morgan..." He said from the bed, repeating my name. "I know you more than anyone else. I know you're not fine." I stared out the window my hands crossed over my chest. He was going to Come over here. Sure enough, Blake stood up and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me. I left mine by my side. I didn't reach up and grab his hands and hold them like I normally do. "Why are you so mad?"

"I meant what I said when I told you I didn't want you out of my sight again," I told him, whispering.

"Morgan, I'm fine. I promise you. I always will be." His voice was reassuring but I erupted from his arms, before he could have a chance to grab me.

I turned to face him, shoving my finger in his face, "You were shot, Blake! You were shot! You almost died! They told me you had a ten percent chance of living because of how close the bullet was to your aorta! I sat there for nights on end waiting for you! For you! To wake the hell up! For the man I love more in this whole entire world! They told me to leave, they told me maybe I should start moving on! I thought about it. Blake. I thought about it. Don't you dare, don't you ever tell me or even think I'm crazy for not being fine!" I wiped the tears that began to pour down my face. Blake stood there, staring at me, crying. I could see the look on his face was pity. He outstretched his hands and opened his mouth to say something but he closed it.