Chapter 5

I left practice as usual, and we had our first championship game in a week. I wasn't sure our team was ready, but I was. I was driving home, and was going to get ready for Blake and I's date. We were going to a sushi place, but that was all he told me, he said most of it was a surprise. I was generally excited, and I couldn't wait. We were going at seven, but I wanted to go earlier. I would have four hours at home, and I still had a ton to do. Maya never stopped to annoy me about Blake, and is simply driving me crazy. I still have to love her though. I arrived to my house, punching in the code, and going through the iron gates, parking at my house. It had always seemed oddly strange, I lived in a huge house, all alone, and sometimes it did get lonely, but I had gotten used to it. I parked and stepped out of my car, grabbing my gym bag, and walking into my house, of course not forgetting to punch in the code. I dropped my bag at the front door, and heard Cody thumping down the steps. "Hey, bud," I cooed, and pet Cody on his head. Cody was my seven year old Chocolate Labradoodle. I smiled down at him, letting him lick my cheek, and walked upstairs. I was counting down the seconds, minutes, hours, and I was so excited but so nervous. I slid all my disgusting, sweaty basketball clothes off, and tossed them into the hamper. I turned on the water and got into the shower, letting the hot water run down my body. Three and a half more hours to go.

11111111111111111111111111111111111

At 6:55, I slid on my black flats, and grabbed my purse. My phone was on the counter, I grabbed it quickly as I heard the doorbell ring. I jogged to the door, thankful I didn't have to shuffle since I didn't have the heels on. I opened the door to see Blake standing there holding a beautiful bouquet of roses. "Hey!" I said beaming at the roses in his hand. He outstretched the roses towards me, and I took them, and lead him inside. "Here we can come in for a second, I don't know if I have a vase, but a cup will have to do, make yourself at home." I ushered him into the house. He rolled his eyes.

"They're just roses, you don't have to act overly excited about them," he said smiling and laughing under his breath. I laughed a long with him.

"They're beautiful. Thank you," I smiled genuinely to him, and our eyes met for a few seconds and we both held it there. After a few awkward moments, I turned from the gaze and went into the kitchen to get a cup for the roses. I grabbed a tall cup from the cupboard and put some water into it. I set it onto the counter under the window, and put the flowers in. I turned to see Blake standing in the doorway, and smiled. "I'm ready," I said, and Blake portrayed a surprised look upon his face. "What?" I asked, giggling.

"Um, I don't get a tour of this wonderful, huge house?" Blake asked, looking around him. I smiled.

"Don't we have to go?" I questioned, Blake shrugged.

"We have a couple minutes free," Blake said, motioning his hand in front of him allowing me to lead the way.

"That's the kitchen, which opens up into the dining room, and then the foyer which we came in," the diamond chandelier hung high above our head and Blake peered at the railing above, and the railing above that, and the highest railing. "Living room is over here, along with the sun room, which opens up to the basketball court out back, and the pool and hot tub and the trampoline of course," I added and Blake nodded his head impressively.

"Your house is enormous," Blake commented as we headed to the stairs. "Four stories, really?" I laughed.

"Your house is probably bigger than mine, and yeah, of course, I've always loved big houses," I said, and started up the stairs. Luckily I had a short dress so it wasn't a hassle getting up the stairs.

"No, your house is bigger than mine, and I do too, love them." Blake said, and I turned around grinning to him.

"We have a lot in common," I mentioned and he nodded.