Chapter 34

"Bye, baby," I waited at the airport, kissing Blake one last time before he was getting on the jet to go to Denver. He held on to me longer than expected, and kept kissing my neck over and over. "I love you, okay?" I said pushing him away, playfully.

"Yeah, c'mon, man," Chris said, smirking and dragging a small duffel bag behind him. "Get a hold of yourself." I laughed at Chris and smiled to Blake.

"You're so fucking beautiful," he told me, running his hand over my cheek. "After tonight's game, I'll see if I can get a flight late tonight and see if I can get home before tomorrow morning."

"Blake," I said, giving him a look. "You don't have to do that."

"I want too," Blake said, smiling. Chris and DJ called to him as they were boarding the plane. He turned back to me and kissed me.

"You'll be okay? I'll be home, hopefully... tonight," he said, worry filling his eyes.

"Blake, I'm fine," I told him and he smiled, kissing me once more and taking off for the jet. He looked back once more and I waved to him goodbye. He boarded on the plane and I smiled turning back towards the car. I was secretly hoping Blake could come home tonight, but I didn't want to rush him and I wanted him to have a good time.

11111111111111111111111111111111111111

Maya came over later in the evening with a movie and a bag of popcorn. We were watching The Conjouring as it was getting late. Blake said it was going to be late if he could get home, and it was getting late. The odds of him coming home tonight were getting lower and lower. I called him twice and it went straight to voicemail. "Why have you been acting different lately?" Maya asked me, out of nowhere, out of curiosity.

"Me?" I asked her and she nodded her head to me. "I haven't been acting any different." I replied, wondering what she was talking about. She laughed a little.

"Candace told me, Morgan," she stated, flatly. I hoped Maya wasn't about to start something, but I could tell she was. Why would Candace do that? I sighed and ran my hands over my face.

"Oh. Yeah... That," I said, slowly, remembering that day. That was the best day ever. I would never tell Maya, but that was the best sex I've ever had.

"I just..." Maya huffed. "I don't understand why you would do that when your best friend has AIDS? Why would you fool around like that?"

"Why are you coming out of nowhere with this? We were having a great time," I said calmly trying to plant a smile on my face.

"You were having a great time!" She fired back, standing up and getting angry. "I am done pretending like everything is okay! For fuck's sake, I'm in love with your best friend, I hate your boyfriend and I'm dating your arch enemy, I'm tearing your life apart and you're too naive to even realize!" Her voice raised and I gasped at her tone.

"Maya, it's fine." I said calmly as she towered over me in anger.

"No, it's not! I can't pretend everything is okay when you and Blake are doing a little sucky fucky at night right in this house! I may be able to be your teammate, but I can't be your friend!" Where was this even coming from? "I think I should go." She grabbed her phone and ran for the door. Just as she was running out, Blake was walking in. Maya pushed Blake and ran out in tears.

"What the hell just happened?" Blake asked, opening his arms wide waiting for my hug that never came.

"What the hell did just happen?"

Short chapter & such