Chapter 85

Blake was still out for business, and I was about to go shopping. It was nearing ten at night, and against Marjorie's wishes, I wanted to go shopping since I was bored. I knew Blake wouldn't like it either, but oh well. I gathered my phone and purse and moved for the door. For once dressed in an outfit of my choice. It felt good to be back. I slammed the door, before moving towards the elevator.

"Morgan," I heard someone call behind me. I recognized that voice. I spun around to see Russell, getting ready to go out just like me. "Like to go shopping with me?" I took a deep breath and pursed my lips, taking a few steps closer to him.

"I really don't think that's a good idea," I said, simply, hoping he wasn't going to take it the wrong way.

"Morgan, I don't want to be there for you like that, I know you already have Blake," he admitted to himself, "I want to be there for you as a friend. Your best friend, please." How could I say no to that? Russell was my best friend.

"Yeah, sure, where are you headed?" I asked him, motioning him to the elevator.

"I just need to get out," Russell said, shrugging, trailing behind me to the elevator. We both went into the elevator, and I leaned against the wall, folding my arms across my chest. "You bored in there too?" I nodded. "Everyone out doing interviews and all." I nodded again. I just didn't want to talk. I wanted to sit in silence, I wanted to shop in silence, I wanted to walk in my own silence. But, of course, I never got this anymore. "Where would you like to go? Anywhere, I'll go with you."

"Anywhere you want to go really," I smiled at him, "just anywhere away from here." The elevator dinged and slid open as if on cue, both Russell and I walking out. I walked out into the freezing cold night weather that I didn't feel prepared enough for. I wrapped my jacket tighter around me, as Russell matched my pace down the street. "I'm gonna fucking freeze out here," I added with a nervous laugh.

"I won't let that happen," Russell said, adding a sincere smile. I took a deep breath of the outdoor air. We walked a few blocks to H&M, and I walked in, letting the warm air envelope me.

11111111111111111111111111

Russell and I walked down the hallway after shopping, as it was really late now, and I was tired.

"So, we didn't get anything? We just... Went out?" Russell asked, as neither of us had bags.

"You're starting to understand me," I joked, as he was trailing behind me. I reached Blake and I's door. "Goodnight, Russell," I added, grabbing the doorknob. He walked past me, before turning around.

"Morgan?" He asked me. I looked up to him, and took my hand off the doorknob. "You and Blake are getting married... aren't you?" I took a sharp breath and a hard gulp.

"How do you know?" I asked him and he pointed to my finger.

"You have had that big ass rock on your ring finger staring at me all night. I just...." He trailed off, "wow."

"Normally people will say congratulations when you find out their getting married," I muttered, and he shrugged.

"That's because I can't... I won't," Russell admitted. I took a few steps closer to him and narrowed my eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"Me?" He asked, pouting his finger into his chest, "nothing, Morgan, everything is completely fine." I could sense the sarcasm in his voice.

"Goodnight then," I said, simply, spinning around on my heels, but Russell grabbed my wrist.

"You want to know my problem?" He asked me and I nodded. "My problem is that I really really love you, and I can't have you." I was taken aback by what he said. I thought what he said last night, he didn't mean.