Chapter 140

I heard Hannah singing along to High School Musical in her bedroom, and I watched Marcus sleeping in his crib on the monitor. I was eating cereal in the darkness, rolling the spoon around in the milk. I heard the TV sound turn off from Hannah's room, before I heard her running towards the kitchen. She erupted with a huge smile on her face.

"Why is it so dark in here?" She asked me. Before I could even answer her, she came up with another question. "Where's Daddy?" Sleeping with another woman. "I have a surprise for him when he comes home, I want him to try and beat me in Just Sing. I bet he can't."

I sighed. "He'll be back soon, baby, he had meetings today. Any minute, promise," I tried to sound happy or at least hopeful for Hannah. But with all this drama weighing heavy on me, it was tough. She nodded and gave me a smile, before skipping back to her room. I knew Hannah could tell I wasn't being me. I took a shaky breath and shoveled another spoonful of soggy cereal into my mouth. I checked my phone to see six messages from Blake and two missed calls. I slid the message symbol over to see what he had to say.

Blake: I'll be home soon, baby.

Why are you still mad at me?

I swear I would never do that to you.

I'm not going to leave you alone until you answer me.

I love you with all my heart.

Just please stop being mad so we can talk. I want us to be okay again. I'm going to get you to talk when I get home.

I turned off my phone and put it on the table. As if on cue, I heard the beep from the alarm system, alarming me that Blake was home. Shit, I didn't want to talk to him. I shoveled another spoonful into my mouth. I heard the garage door. Shit. A couple moments later, the door erupted open. I kept my eyes on the cereal. Just the cereal.

"Hey, baby," He greeted me. He dropped his briefcase on the floor and sighed. He walked over to me and planted a kiss on my forehead. I backed away from him in my chair. He grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eyes. Of course, the one time I needed Hannah to interrupt, she was nowhere in sight. I stared at him for a few moments as he searched my eyes. He was wearing a suit, something I didn't get to see him in often. It really did look nice on him. He released my chin and sat down in the seat across from me. He grabbed my phone and turned it on to see if I read his texts. When he saw I did, he turned it off and tossed it back onto the table. "So this is how it's gonna be? When are you going to talk to me, Morgan? How long is this going to last for?" I shoveled some more cereal into my mouth. "Morgan, I can't fucking do this. I can't fucking live without you. This is a fucking mistake. I don't get-"

I threw the bowl of milk and what was left of the cereal right on Blake's face, his suit, everything. Milk splashed everywhere and I dropped the bowl on top of the table. He didn't say anything else. He wiped the milk from his eyes and flung it onto the floor. We sat there in silence and just stared at each other. Minutes passed by, milk was dripping from his face and neither of us said anything.

After five minutes passed by, Blake shook his head and put his head in his hands. I shook my head and stood up, pushing my chair back into the table, before turning to go upstairs.

"Morgan," I heard him call to me. I stopped in my tracks, but I didn't turn to face him. I felt a hot tear run down my right cheek. I didn't turn to face him, in fear I would break down. "Are we going to get past this? Like we do everything else?"

I stood there for a minute, feeling more tears streaming down my cheek. I didn't even bother wiping them away. I took a shaky breath and shook my head. "This isn't like everything else, Blake. I don't think we will get past this." I sniffled as quietly as possible and wiped my tears away before walking towards the staircase.

Nothing would ever be the same.