Chapter 93

Blake and I finally got back home in LA, and I was nervous as hell. My parents were flying in today, I bit my tongue. Not my parents. The people that birthed me. That's it. I wasn't letting myself get close to them. I wasn't going to get myself attached to the idea that the people who birthed me, wanted me again. And that was the problem. They should have wanted me in the first place. I shook the ideas from my head and took a deep, steadying breath, which for the first time ever, actually worked. I felt Blake jump onto the couch, giving me a swift kiss.

"They're in the cab, on their way over here," Blake informed me, looking into my eyes with a smile, "are you sure you're ready for this?" I sighed with relief and nodded to Blake. I was ready. "They're only a couple minutes away... you can still back out if you aren't ready..."

I cut Blake off, irritated, "Blake, I am fine. I can do this." Blake smiled when I said this, grabbed my cheeks and kissed me.

"I knew you could," Blake said, rubbing my cheek, his eyes putting me into a trance. "You're Morgan fucking Rowland." I kissed him when he said this passionately. I arched my back into our kiss, as I pressed my lips as hard as I could into his. "And I'll be right here by your side, supporting all of your decisions."

"Thanks, baby," I said, smiling to his thumbs rubbing up and down my waist. "I'm gonna need all the support I can get if things go south."

"They won't go south," Blake reassured me with that big smile I fell in love with.

"You don't know that," I said back softly. I added a smile just so he wouldn't worry. Blake was just staring into my eyes and rubbing my waist, his eyes setting my into a trance. "You're really asking for it," I warned him and he chuckled.

"I know, I'm just letting you know what might be in store after..." Blake was cut short as the bell rang. I froze up. This was it. Holy shit, what was I even going to say? What were we going to talk about? The past? The future? The present? Me going back to the east coast? Family? Their rehab stories? I really hadn't planned this out. Shit, I didn't have any time to plan it out. Shit. I heard Blake's voice as an echo, as if it was far away, asking me if I was okay. I wasn't okay, I wasn't fine, I wasn't okay. I couldn't do this. Not here, not now. These were the people that left me. Completely abandoned me in my most needed time. These were the people that chose a needle and a high over you. Their daughter, their blood. "Are you okay? Morgan, are you okay?" Blake's shaking snapped me out of my daze as I managed a nod. I didn't know if I could do this. "You're Morgan fucking Rowland," the doorbell rang again, "you can do this, baby I know you can. I'll be right there with you. You're the strongest girl I've ever met, this should be a piece of cake for you." That really helped. I stood up off the couch and moved to the door, pressing my hands down my pants, as there was only a slab of wood separated me from my parents. My people. My people? I grasped the handle and pulled the door open. There my mother... Cynthia stood. I opened the storm door. My father was no where in sight. Cynthia noticed.

"Your father, uh, couldn't make it," she said slowly. I stepped aside, letting her in the house. "He had some business to attend to." She cleared her throat and looked up to see the chandelier and the spiraling grand staircase, with the four stories that hovered above her. "Woah," she breathed, and smiled back to me. "This is incredible."

"Would you like a tour?" I asked her, smiling and she nodded excitedly. I began walking her through the floors and rooms, before noticing Blake had disappeared. Weird. Once done with the introduction of the house, we made our way to the couches, where she set down her purse and made herself as comfortable as possible. "How was your flight?" I asked her, making conversation.

"It was fine, it was fine," she said, closing her eyes and smiling and nodding. "I heard you got to see Paige and Regan. Haven't they grown? Everyone else in Maryland misses you."