Chapter 37

"What did you even get at the drug store?" I asked him, sitting up on the bed, curious. I could tell after seeing his mom, Blake was in a lighter and better mood, and I was happier. I was glad he was feeling better, but whenever he needed a shoulder to cry on I was going to be there for him. Blake was digging in the bag he got and I was wondering what he could possibly be up to.

"Well..." He said mysteriously. He brought out a bottle of Absolut and and small box. He sat on the bed next to me and sat the bottle down on the night stand. I rolled my eyes, not wanting to do this. I knew what the small box was. "Since we kind of forgot to use protection last time..." He slid next to me on the bed, but I turned away. "What?" He asked me.

"Blake, you're sad right now, you're not in a good place," I told him. The hotel room was huge and beautiful. I wasn't sure what he was planning by getting the honeymoon suite. It did have a heart shaped hot tub inside which was adorable.

"I'm okay right now. I just need one night to let go, get drunk have the time of my life," he answered, looking into my eyes, smirking.

"Blake, your brother is coming tomorrow and your family, your getting ready for a funeral. Do you really want to have a hangover in the morning?" Was I the only one thinking logically right now? He stood up and rifled through a few drawers and found some shot glasses.

"Absolutely," he said, pouring two shots and handing me one. I just swirled the drink around in my drink, not wanting to drink it. I wanted to fulfill Blake's wishes, I wanted to do this, I loved him, but was the drinking necessary? I clinked my drink against his, looking at him. "To my dad," he said, smirking a little, and I looked at him as he took the drink down and I did the same. I pursed my lips at the burning sensation, but then it finally ended. Blake poured another one for himself and I just sat there in silence staring into the glass. Blake took down a third and I pushed his shot glass away and smiled to him. He brushed a strand of hair out of my face and brought his lips to mine. He rubbed the bottom of my lip with his tongue and the immediate taste of his vodka filled my mouth. I pursed my lips into our kiss and we both laughed into the kiss. He pushed me back gently and laid me into the sheets not breaking our kiss. I pushed on his chest gently, and pushed again, harder.

"Blake, Blake," I said breaking the kiss, "not now." This didn't feel right. With alcohol, there was nothing good involved.

"What?" He asked, still on top of me, but holding his weight. "But... I bought condoms." He said, lifting the box to his face. I sighed and covered my face with my hands. He threw the box across the room and flopped next to me. "I don't know what I'm doing." Blake said, exhausted and I stayed in silence, listening to what he had to say. When he didn't say anything, I spoke up.

"How are you not drunk yet?" I asked, laughing. Blake snorted under his breath and groaned.

"When something's bothering me, I don't get drunk," he said, smiling and gazing up to the ceiling, both of us, right next to each other. "And you can say there's a lot on my mind." He pushed the bottle farther away, sitting up and then laying down beside me.

"Well, I'm not your girlfriend for no reason," I piped up, finding his hand and interlacing out fingers. "Talk to me." We moved into the middle of the bed and onto the pillows. He sighed.

"It's my dad, it's basketball, it's my career, it's what is going on through my mind, it scares me. It's my friendships, our stalker, us. I don't know... everything." He said, sounding like he was going to cry. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"I know, I know," I repeated taking a deep breath. "I knew you weren't okay. You couldn't change in a day. It's not going to change for awhile. You have to accept that, and I know it's going to hurt and I'm here for you whatever you need. Let me know." Blake groaned and ran his hand over his face.

"You're the best," he said, squeezing my hand and I smiled. "This just totally sucks. It did lift my spirits when I saw my mom, but when I didn't see my dad there... I don't know." I sighed and then cleared my throat.

"It does suck," I stated, swallowing hard. "It does." I stayed there with Blake, but something kept gnawing at me. It soon became a growing pain, and I wasn't sure what it was, but I didn't like it.

How are you liking the story so far? I really love feedback, loves!