Chapter 13

It was the game. The third game and we were tied 1-1. In my eyes, in Maya's eyes, we had to win this game. We were warming up in the arena, after tonight's game, we would have to leave for Minnesota. I was pretty bummed about that. I would have to be on the road with my teammates, also known as, Maya, Candace and Skylar, the three I weren't talking to right now. After yesterday, I haven't spoken to Candace or Skylar, and they haven't attempted to approach me in any manner. We were lining up in two lines for layups, and I just happened to find myself behind Maya.

"Hey," I offered to Maya, but she just shook her head in return. She turned to face me.

"We're just teammates. Not friends." She said strictly and flatly. The layup line started and she left me behind. Just like how I felt. After Maya, turned back around in the rebound line, I took a layup, and missed. Candace, of all teammates, got my rebound and I went back behind Maya, in the rebound line. Maya took one quick look at me, and shook her head.

"What?" I snapped, a little more harsh than intended. But Maya wanted to play rough, and if she wanted rough, I could play the same. I still had Blake, DJ, Chris and Amber, once she came back home.

"Missing a layup can be a fatal mistake," Maya reminded me.

"Yeah, you seem to know this all to well," I rolled my eyes. Maya turned around to face me. I could see the anger painted all over her face. Maya turned away from me, walked out of the line, and walked up to coach. I saw a few words expressed by Maya and the coach looking pretty fed up. Maya walked into the locker room and off the stadium. The coach walked up to me, and I started to become concerned. His face didn't look good.

"Maya just said she isn't playing tonight," the coach said in total bewilderment. My jaws dropped. No way Maya Moore just dropped out of a championship game. "She said the only way she plays tonight and for the rest of the season... is if you don't play." My face turned straight into anger. Pure anger. "I don't know what to do. We need you tonight. But... you're a rookie and Maya's not." I kinda guessed where this was going. I didn't like it, but I accepted it.

"It's fine, take me out." I replied, trying to keep a smile on my face. But all I wanted to do was break down and cry.

"You're still on the road with us if you want," the coach offered but the last thing I wanted was pity. I was so angry I could break down a wall right now. I could just punch anything. But I now knew what Maya wanted, she wanted me to blow up in front of everyone. But I wasn't going to do that.

"No thanks, I'll stay where I belong," with that I walked away from the coach and into the locker room to gather my things until next season. On my way in, Maya was walking out, and she just smirked to me. "This is what you wanted? Now you're for sure gonna lose, congratulations," I said and she scoffed and rolled her eyes. But without me, the team couldn't win. "I guess bitches stick to their words."

"I guess whores stick with the dick, right? Over their friends and their career?" Maya rolled her eyes yet again. I began to walk past her but before turning around and adding,

"Please rot in hell."

How are you guys like it? Honestly, I love the drama and tension between Maya and Morgan. But it's all up to you guys!