Chapter 42

Blake and I had been home for several hours and he seemed better when we got home. I didn't fully understand Blake's ordeal with his family. But I was starting to see that he really enjoyed being in LA, and maybe it was where he belonged. I was dealing with problems of my own. I knew Russell was right, I should have went to Blake first, before taking the pills. I took Blake's child away from him, and how was that fair? I wasn't sure how I was going to tell him-- if I was going to tell him.

"I still haven't met your parents," Blake commented, looking over to me, setting down his magazine. "Or gone to your hometown. You still haven't told me why you moved here." I smiled and set down my glass of lemonade. We were out laying in lawn chairs in front of the pool. Chris wasn't home, him, DJ and Matt were all with the team in the Midwest.

I kissed him on the lips quickly and smiled. "Because I knew the love of my life lived here, of course."

"Seriously," Blake interjected, his face stern, by eyebrows raised.

"I don't even go back to my hometown. Why would I take you?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Well," Blake began. "We are getting pretty serious. I want to meet your parents. Please." He added to try and butter me up. When Blake said "serious" butterflies in my stomach instantly ensued. Serious? I guess I never put real thought into our future.

"I don't want to go back to Maryland, to see a whole bunch of my old high school classmate bums and my shitty parents. Maryland's ugly, I don't want to go back there, period." I ended, and Blake folded his arms, sticking out his lower lip, pouting. For once, his adorable face would not work on me. Going back to my hometown, that was completely out of the question. As soon as I started to become big in college, I made sure my parents were cut out of my life. The way they treated me, I didn't appreciate. I hadn't talked to them in years. I never felt the need too.

"Don't you want your parents to meet me?" Blake asked sheepishly, and I shook my head.

"No." I answered, looking to him. "I don't need to bring them back into my life. I don't want to... I'm fine right now, right here." I kissed his cheek, softly as he smiled. I smiled back and ran my hands over his hair. He laughed a little and just kept looking into my eyes. "I love you." I added, knowing what he was going to say.

"I love you more." He answered and my heart dropped when he said that. I still had intended to tell him about the pills, i just had no idea when and how. He wasn't going to be happy, but all in all, I knew we wouldn't be able to have a child and we weren't going to be ready. "You're not going to say I love you most?" Blake pouted, tearing me from my thoughts. I looked to him and put on a fake smile. "What's going on?" He asked, his eyes filling over with concern. I hated how Blake knew when I was trying to hide something, but I loved it at the same time. I smiled reassuringly, brushing my hair behind my ear.

"Nothing," I said, smirking and looking into his eyes as he studied me. We sat in silence for a few moments before he tore his eyesight away from mine.

"I know something's up," he said, sternly as he returned his eyes to mine. He studied me again, and I smiled, looked away and then shrugged. "Fine," he muttered, "but I do have a surprise for you..." He trailed off, standing up and wiggling his fingers to get me up, "c'mon."

What do you think the surprise is?🙈🙊