Chapter 44

It had been a week since Blake surprised me with the house and we were all moved in. I had kissed my house goodbye, and Chris had bought the whole property from me. Most of the boxes were unpacked, but some still remained untouched. Everyday I had wanted to tell Blake about what happened in Oklahoma but something always came in the way. Which is what made me angry. It also made me anxious, and I was growing more and more guilty. Blake was supposed to leave with the team in two days to get back into playing games, but he wasn't one hundred percent sure he was going to go. Whether he was or he wasn't, I had to tell him tonight. It was late and I felt sick, shaky and hot as I knew I had to tell him what actually happened that night. I heard Blake coming down the stairs from his shower and he thudded into the living room from the grand staircase. He smiled to me as he came in.
"Do you wanna watch a movie tonight, I'm kind of in the mood?" Blake said, sitting next to me. I pressed my hands together and took a deep breath.
"Can we just talk? For a second?" I asked him, biting my lower lip. This was it. No distractions, no anything. I took another deep breath as Blake's eyes filled with that same concern he always gave me. That didn't help. He nodded and cleared his throat. "That night in Oklahoma... where I went that night..."
"Yeah?" Blake asked, clearing his throat, nervously.
"I didn't tell you something, really important." I said, rubbing my hands together. I kept my eye contact with Blake as he swallowed hard, and he clenched his jaws. "That night, you had me really freaked out about being pregnant. I went to the store that night and got a pregnancy test. I took it there and it was positive." Blake's face instantly changed, pressing his lips together. "I was so scared and worried and I had no idea what to do. I was afraid of what you would think. I couldn't tell you, not with your season going on, we were both at the prime of our life. We aren't ready for a baby. I got abortion pills and I didn't know whether to take them or tell you. I knew both would be bad. I called Russell, went to his house and talked to him about it. He told me to tell you, but I'm so fucking stupid I took the pills. It's been bothering me for two weeks now and driving me crazy. Every time I tried to tell you something would happen to get in the way. I'm sorry this happened." Blake just stared in my eyes for two minutes, not believing what he just heard. It finally hit him and he took a sharp deep breath, avoiding my gaze. I didn't say anything and just watched him run his hands over his face.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Blake asked, his voice full of hurt. I could tell he was really hurt. My heart instantly sank. I felt the hot tears burn my eyes and I bit my lower lip to try and stop them from falling, but as soon as I opened my mouth they came.
"Because... I didn't know what you would think. I was so scared." Blake didn't look up to me and kept his head down. A few tears rolled down my face. "Blake, I'm so sorry." He pinched the bridge of his nose, grabbing his phone and walking towards the door, along with his keys. I jumped up. "Blake! Where are you going?" He opened the door turning around, I could tell he was on the verge of tears.
He put his hands up at me. "Please. Just... I need to go." Blake disappeared through the door as I started crying harder.