Chapter 36

Blake knocked on the door at his old house and we both waited for an answer. Blake turned to me and smiled and I smiled back. We had DJ watching the house while we were gone, at least until he needed to leave for the season. Blake was taking a couple games off, which his GM didn't like, but understood. The door creaked open slowly and there was Blake's mother. She used to look lively and healthy in the pictures Blake showed me, but she looked almost opposite. I felt terrible. When she saw Blake tears sprung to her eyes again. "Oh, Blakey," she said, erupting into tears and running into his arms. I stood there and admired the mother-son moment. Once they separated she looked to me and we both smiled at one another. "Who is this beautiful girl? You must be Morgan, oh my gosh, you're so tall!" She commented and extended my hand for a handshake. She shook her head. "Nonsense," she said, and opened her arms for a hug. We both embraced and I shook my head.

"I'm so sorry about what happened, it's just terrible, terrible." I said, shaking my head. She nodded and pressed her lips to try to stop the crying.

"There's a better place," she said quietly, nodding. "Oh! I'm so silly," she muttered. "Come in, of course," she stepped aside and allowed us inside. "Taylor is coming tomorrow, he got held up." Blake nodded and I sat next to him on the couch. The house was small, but it was filled with antiques, it was dark, but quite beautiful.

"Have you met Taylor and Marieka yet?" She asked me, wiping her eyes with a handkerchief out of her pocket. I shook my head.

"Not yet," I said smiling, "I was hoping to meet them soon, but I'm excited I finally get to meet them both. And it's wonderful to meet you."

"Blake, I know you love hanging out with your... basketball boys, but don't you have time for your family anymore? You and Taylor never see each other anymore, and you never come out and visit me." She said smiling, but Blake ran his hands over his face.

"I know, mom," he groaned and I giggled. She smiled to Blake and then to me.

"Where are you guys staying?" She asked looking between both of us.

"At the Marriott in the city," he replied, nodding. Blake's mom looked to her watch and sighed.

"Well, it's getting late, I think you guys should head out," Blake's mom said and I smiled, nodding. I knew she needed her space.

"Kicking us out already, Ma?" Blake asked, and she laughed, standing up.

"I love you, Blakey, but it's late and I want to look nice for Taylor tomorrow," Blake and I both stood up and Blake rolled his eyes to his mom.

"So, Taylor is the new favorite child?" Blake asked, faking to be offended.

"He always has been," she said and Blake gasped. "Kidding," she added. "I'll see you both tomorrow." She gave both blake and I hugs and sent us on our way. We both got into the car and Blake drove toward the city. I texted Russell to see if he was in town, to tell him I was in Oklahoma.

"Well, there's my mother for you," Blake commented and smiled, keeping his eyes to the road. I laughed, "she's a lot crazier when you get to know her more. My dad wasn't the one who had the 'talk' with me, it was actually my mom. I know pretty awkward." I laughed again.

"She's so nice, seems like a really great woman," I commented and Blake smiled.

"She is," he muttered under his breath. He pulled off an exit, which was before the city. "Just need to stop at Walgreens real quick."

I nodded and replied a quick, "okay." Blake pulled into the parking lot, the sky dark and walked into the store. My phone buzzed and I realized Russell was calling. "Hey, Russ," I said, as I picked up the phone.

"Hey!" He practically yelled into the phone and I brought it away from my ear. "I got your text, I'm in San Fran right now, but tomorrow I'll be home. I told you, you'd be in Oklahoma sooner or later." I chuckled.

"You were right," I said, smiling. I saw Blake paying at the cash register. "Well, let me know when you get home."

"Totally, I'm available any time," he said, and I nodded. Blake stepped into the car and kept quiet, seeing I was talking on the phone.

"I have to see what time is good for me, we have some important stuff to do, but I'll text you, okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sounds good." He replied. "I'll see you soon," he chimed and I smiled.

"Bye." I hung up the phone and Blake turned to me as we were pulling out of the parking lot.

"Who was that?" Blake asked me, looking to me quickly and then turning to the road.

"Russell," I answered and Blake groaned and rolled his eyes. "Why don't you like him?"

"Am I supposed to like him? I just hate the OKC team." He answered and I shrugged.

"Fair enough," I answered and he nodded. "I mean I hate the Minnesota Lynx Team but I don't hate Monica Wright. You can hate the team, but you don't have to hate the players." Blake shrugged.

"Fair enough," he answered back, smiling to me. He got back on the highway to the city.

Sorry I'm splitting these chapters weird.