Chapter 39

Blake and I had been here all day along with Taylor, who was clearly taking it harder than Blake, and Marieka, who had been pretty silent. Overall, I was pretty sure, and regretted for Blake and I to be the happiest out of all of us. The ones taking it the best. Taylor's eyes were bloodshot and stayed that way, keeping quiet and sniffling in the corner, along with Marieka, who was overall quiet. Blake told me that Mr. Griffin and Marieka were close.

"I'm sorry you had to meet me--us, like this," Taylor said, pinching the bridge of his nose. I kept note that Blake did that too. I shook my head.

"No need to apologize," I said, strictly. "I'm so sorry." He nodded and smiled back at me and then turned to Blake.

"At least you seem to be taking it a little lighter, baby brother," Taylor pointed out, keeping his eyes on Blake. I didn't know whether that was supposed to be taken as an insult or something better. Blake's mother was quieter today, but still taking it lighter than Taylor. Blake nodded and cleared his throat. "I'm glad she's making you happy." I smiled at Blake and then at Taylor.

"She is," Blake said, kissing my cheek quickly. Blake's mother smiled and laced her fingers together.

"The funeral is in three days," she said, patiently. "I think we all need time on our own until then."

"Are you sure?" Blake asked, almost immediately, and she turned to Blake.

"Yes, Blake, I'm sure," She said sternly to him. Blake sunk more in his seat. "I think we all need some time alone and some shut eye." She turned to Blake, her face stern. "Well... some of us... seem to be coping quite okay." I wasn't sure why Blake's mother was picking on him, and I was planned to ask Blake later. Blake sank even lower in his seat and my heart ached. Now I knew why Blake didn't like to come to Oklahoma. Taylor was the favorite. "Good night," she added, Blake stood up to leave and walked straight out of the door. I hugged Blake's mom goodnight, but she wasn't so keen on hugging back. I shook it off and walked back out to find Blake already in the drivers seat, car started up, ready to leave. I got into the passenger seat and Blake smiled to me and i smiled back. He backed out of the small driveway and worked his way back onto the highway.

"Now you know why," I heard Blake say, and I turned to him, raising my eyebrows.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?" I asked him as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Why my mom hates me..."

I interrupted him. "Blake," I began.

Now it was Blake's turn to interrupt me. "No, the way she talks at me, looks at me. She thinks I'm a failure."

"No, she does not, Blake," I said sternly. "I don't think you should be telling yourself that. She doesn't think you're a failure and she loves you. Blake." I wasn't sure if he was actually listening to what I was saying or whether it was going in one ear and coming out the next. "She wouldn't even hug me when we left. Do you think she knew that we..."

"Probably," Blake said, "she knows everything." I bit my lip as my cheeks turned really hot and started rubbing my palms together. I felt really sick. There was no way she was going to like me now that she knew. We were on the highway but I was growing hotter and my palms were getting sweatier. I didn't like where this was going.

"Can you pull over?" Blake looked to me and I added, "please?" He pulled over and I instantly jumped out of the car. I leaned over and vomited the dinner we had at Blake's house. I felt Blake's hand on my back, as i quivered and tasted all the food I had once tasted before. I leaned back up once I was done and wiped my mouth.

"You okay?" Blake asked, his eyes full of concern. I shook my head quickly and turned over vomiting again. Blake put his hand on my back and I stood up again, wiping my mouth. "Now are you okay?" He asked and I smiled.

"I think so," I said, as Blake handed me a piece of gum. We got back into the car, and I rolled down the window to avoid getting sick again. Blake was quiet in thought, and I wanted to know what he was thinking about, but I kept quiet. We finally got to the hotel, and walked all the way up to our suite. I clutched my stomach and Blake steadied me inside.

"You're okay?" He asked again. I was lucky to have a guy that was so loving in my life.

"Yeah, think I just got a little sick is all, maybe I ate something bad," I said, smiling to tell Blake I was fine.

"Well, you don't have a fever," Blake said sitting on the bed next to me. "And I ate the same thing you did." I looked up to him raising our eyebrows.

"What are you saying?" I asked him and he shrugged avoiding my gaze and looking down to his shoes. "Blake, what are you saying?" He took a deep breath.

"Remember a couple weeks ago when I didn't wear a condom... and we were worried about it?" He asked me and I nodded, my hands becoming clammy and my face hot again. "Do you think maybe...?" I shook my head, furiously.

"No," I interrupted him. "Impossible."

"Not really," Blake added. "I mean, unless you still haven't hit puberty yet..." I shot him a glare and his smile faded. "Too soon?" I stood up and ran a hand through my hair. I remembered that morning I was going to go get pills at the pharmacy, but then I went to the mall, and Blake left... "I didn't mean to freak you out," Blake said apologetically, his eyes full of concern.

"Well, you did," I snapped and Blake sank lower in his seat. "Blake," I said, sitting down on the bed next to him. I remembered Blake was having a rough night too. "I didn't mean to snap. I'm sorry. I know you're having a rough night. I'm sorry, baby." He nodded his head.

"See? Your hormones are already going crazy," Blake pointed out quietly. My cheeks grew hot again and I covered my mouth.

"I think I'm gonna puke again," I stood up and made my way to the bathroom, doubling over the toilet again. I let all the food I had left into the toilet and I wiped my mouth, washing it out under the sink and flushing the toilet.

What do you guys think??