Fair Game: My Boyfriend's A Vampire pt.5

A/N: Vampire AU.

When Clover got off work, he was exhausted. He heads straight to Qrow's apartment to surprise him.

"Hey, Qrow, are you home?" Clover asked knocking on the door.

"Yeah...come in." Qrow replied, his voice weak and a little raspyer than normal.

Clover frowns worriedly as he enters his boyfriend's apartment. Qrow was laying on the couch in the fetal position with his arms wrapped around himself. He had a small frown on his face as he stared blankly at the tv.

"Are you alright, hun? Are you sick?" Clover asked sitting next to him and feeling his forehead.

"Babe, vampires can't get sick...at least not in same way that humans do." Qrow replied.

"Then what's wrong?" Clover asked gently cupping Qrow's cheek.

"Just....I've...been crying a lot, that's why my voice is hoarse." Qrow mumbled.

"Do you wanna talk about what's upsetting you?" Clover asked petting the vampire's feathery soft hair.

"No...not really." Qrow sighed.

Nodding in understanding, Clover leans forward and kisses Qrow's temple. He lays behind Qrow and spoons him. Then he kisses Qrow behind his ear.

"Sorry I'm such a downer tonight." Qrow said.

"Don't apologize for your emotions, hun. Feeling things like happiness, sadness, and anger are completely normal and healthy. Be sad for as long as you need to be." Clover replied.

"God, you're the best." Qrow said, turning around and snuggling into Clover's chest.

Holding his boyfriend close, Clover runs his fingers through Qrow's hair, gently massaging his scalp. After a couple minutes, Qrow is lulled to sleep, and because he was still tired from work, Clover is not far behind. An afternoon nap was just what the two needed after the long day they had. When Qrow woke up, he was alone on the couch with a blanket thrown over him.

"Clover?" Qrow called out fixing his ruffled hair.

"In the kitchen!" Clover called back.

Qrow walks into the kitchen to see his boyfriend cooking dinner. He walks up behind him and snakes his arms around his waist, then he kisses the back of his shoulder and nuzzles his neck.

"Thank you...it's been a long time since I had someone just...be there for me. And thank you for not pushing me to talk about what's bothering me." Qrow said tightening his arms around Clover.

"Of course, honey, I'll always be there for you. And I know you'll talk to me about it when you're ready, so just take your time." Clover replied, keeping his eyes on the task in front of him.

For dinner they had fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. Clover decides to stay for the night, to make sure if Qrow still needs his comfort. He really didn't like seeing how sad he looked and wanted to know who or what caused it. Though, he didn't want to make it worse, so he was willing to be patient and wait for his boyfriend to open up to him. While Clover slept in Qrow's bed next to him, the vampire sat awake, watching his boyfriend sleep peacefully. Suddenly there's a knock at his door.

"Who could be here at this hour?" Qrow asked himself.

He slips out of bed and heads to the front door. As he's walking towards the door, he catches Ozpin and Glynda's scent, as well as three other's who he doesn't recognize. But he knows that one was an ice fairy, the other a werecat, and the last a werewolf.

"I thought I told you no, Oz. Get the h*ll away from my apartment." Qrow growled answering the door.

"Qrow, please, let's talk about this calmly." Glynda said.

"*sigh* Fine, but only because I trust you, Glynda. And all of you keep it down, my boyfriend's asleep in the bedroom." Qrow said letting the late night visitors in.

"Hi, I'm Marrow." a young werewolf said.

"I'm Winter." a slightly older ice fairy said.

"And, I'm Ghira." a werecat around Qrow's age said.

"Well, it's nice to meet you all. So, is this secret meeting about my sister's clan?" Qrow asked.

"Yes, it is." Ozpin replied.

"They're coming and should be here in a matter of days." Glynda told him.

"Wait...they're coming here!? Why!?" Qrow asked.

"This city is where the queen of vampires is buried. Your sister's clan wants to free her so she can help them destroy the humans and take over the world." Winter explained.

"Raven and her clan are very dangerous, they're killing anyone who stands in their way." Ghira added.

"Including my entire pack...I was barely able to get away." Marrow said sadly.

"Look, kid, I'm sorry about your pack, I really am. But, you guys don't need my help. You have a witch, and an ice fairy, which are very powerful beings. So...please just leave...I just want to be as far away from that clan as possible." Qrow sighed.

"Don't you realize that if your sister's clan succeeds...Salem will destroy the world! Everything you love will be gone! So, are you gonna help us or are you gonna hide like a coward!?" Winter shouted.

"Shhh! I told you to keep it down. My boyfriend's asleep!" Qrow replied through gritted teeth.

"Qrow...?" Clover said sleepily, leaning against the bedroom doorframe.

"What's going on, who are these people?" he asked yawning.

"It's nothing, baby, they were just about to leave. Go back to bed, I'll be there in a minute." Qrow said walking up to Clover and putting his hands on his shoulders.

"But, why are they here? Please tell me what's going on. Who's Salem and why did this girl with the white hair call you a coward?" Clover asked holding Qrow's hips.

"Come on, Qrow, just tell him." Ozpin said.

"Tell me what!?" Clover asked impatiently.

With a heavy sigh, Qrow grabs Clover's hand, then leads him over to the couch and sits him down and tells him everything about the night he was turned. Then he tells him about what Oz and the others want him to help them with.

"So...why don't you want to help them? I get you're scared of your sister's clan after the horrible things they did to you. But...don't you want to make sure they don't hurt anyone else like they hurt you?" Clover said gently holding Qrow's hands.

"I...I just don't want you to get caught in the crossfire...I can't stand the thought of losing you." Qrow said squeezing Clover's hands, nervously.

Because of Clover's reassurance, Qrow agrees to help Ozpin and the others with their fight against Raven's clan. Clover also volunteers to help, and even though Qrow said no over and over again, he was too stubborn to back down, so Qrow begrudgingly lets him in on it without further argument.