Fair Game: Don't Mess With Joanna's Boys

A/N: WARNING: Contains Homophobia and an angry mama bear.

Clover, Qrow, and Joanna were at the mall shopping for gifts for Trevor's birthday. From there, they go their separate ways checking out various stores. Qrow had no clue what to buy. What do you get for your boyfriend's dad? He sees a card store and decides a card would be best. Looking in the birthday and dad section, Qrow tries to find the right card to get. There's cards for dads, granddads, stepdads, and father-in-laws. The father-in-law cards were about as close Qrow could get, cause they didn't exactly have boyfriend's dad cards. But Qrow didn't feel comfortable buying a card like that when him and Clover weren't married, nor engaged.

"Do you need any help, sir?"  asked an employee who was no older than Qrow.

"Umm...I'm just looking for a card for, uh, for my boyfriend's dad." answered Qrow, nervously.

The employee's smile goes away and is replaced with the fakest, most forced smile Qrow has ever seen.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't have...those...kind of cards. I doubt anyone even makes those kinds of cards. So...maybe you should...try a different store." said the employee, clearly trying to get rid of Qrow.

"M-maybe I'll just get a generic birthday card. Something not s-so specific." Qrow replied, looking at his feet and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay, look, pal, you clearly can't take a hint. This place a family establishment, so the likes of you are not welcome here." the employee said, quite rudely.

Qrow can deal with a lot of types of conflict, but homophobia is not one of them. The fear of this kind of conflict was distilled in him at a very young age. So, he just turns and leaves the store quickly...while the rude employee muttered, "D*mn f*g.", under his breath. He goes to the food court and sits at a table with his head in his hands. The huntsman sits there for quite a while.

"Qrow, sweetie, are you okay? Is something wrong?" Joanna asked walking up to him.

"I...I'm fine. N-nothing's wrong." Qrow answered, not looking at her.

"Yeah...fine my a**, something has obviously gotten you upset. So, just tell me." Joanna said putting her hands on her hips.

"I-I really don't want to talk about it, Joanna, please." Qrow pleaded.

Sighing, Joanna sits next to Qrow and wraps an arm around him. She pulls him towards her and kisses his temple.

"It's okay. If you really don't want to talk about it, I'm not gonna force you. Just remember that Mama JoJo's always here for you when you need it." Joanna told him.

Qrow smiles, he really enjoys the way Joanna treats him. He never had a mother, or even a loving motherly figure, growing up. To lighten the mood, Joanna shows Qrow what she bought for Trevor.

"Hey, you two." Clover greeted sitting at the table.

"Hi, baby." Joanna replied to her son.

"Qrow, what did you get?" Clover asked his boyfriend.

"I...umm...I couldn't really find anything." Qrow answered, a little embarrassed.

"That's okay, honey, the gift I got can be from both of us." Clover said reaching across the table and holding Qrow's hand.

"I'm gonna go get us all something to eat for lunch." Joanna said standing up.

After lunch, they all head to leave, but then Joanna said she forgot something. The three of them end up in front of the same card store that Qrow was rudely treated in.

"What's wrong, honey?" Clover asked, seeing how suddenly uncomfortable his boyfriend was.

"Nothing." Qrow replied quickly, folding his arms.

"Qrow. Please." Joanna said putting a hand on Qrow's shoulder.

Giving up, Qrow finally tells Clover and Joanna what happened to him in the store. When he was finished, Joanna was furious.

"You two, stay here, I need to take care of something." Joanna said through gritted teeth.

She turns around and storms into the card store.

"Ohhh, crap." Clover said face palming.

"Should we stop her?" asked Qrow.

"Hun, she's 7"2' and 185 pounds of pure muscle. You can't just stop her." replied Clover.

The two rush into the store to see Joanna holding the rude employee up in the air by his shirt. For a woman who's borderline 70, she's still just as strong as she was in her huntress days.

"How dare you treat my son's boyfriend like that! I have half a mind to tear you limb from limb!" Joanna shouted at him.

"P-please don't hurt me!" begged the employee.

"I won't, as long as you apologize for your actions. Nobody, and I mean nobody, insults or messes with my boys. Do I make myself clear?" Joanna said with anger and bitterness in her voice.

"Yes!" the employee cried out.

"Yes...what?" Joanna growled, bringing the employee's face closer to hers.

"Yes, Ma'am!" whimpered the employee.

Joanna drops him and watches, glaring daggers, as he scrambles to his feet. She grabs the collar of his shirt and drags him over to Qrow and Clover.

"Do you have something to say to him, sir?" Joanna said positioning the employee in front of Qrow.

"I-I am very very sorry for my behavior, it was unprofessional and unnecessary. You were a paying customer and I should have treated you with respect. I'm sorry." apologized the employee.

"Thank you. Now, go on back to work, you homophobic garbage human being." Joanna said shoving the employee away.

The employee runs away whimpering and sweaty. Returning to her usual smiling self, Joanna wraps an arm around both Clover and Qrow and leads them out of the store.

"Thanks." Qrow mumbled.

"It was no problem, sweetie, I'd do anything for my boys, and that includes you, Qrow." Joanna replied before kissing Qrow's cheek.

Qrow can't stop smiling, he's never had someone care about him the way Joanna does. He's never felt the love of a mother. This is something Qrow would love to experience more and more.