Fair Game: Bird's Nest pt.2

Last night, Qrow and Clover returned home from a mission, along with a little boy they found on their way back, who they adopted. Clover is the first to wake up that morning. For a while, he just lays there staring lovingly at his husband and son. Then his smile grows wider at thought of him having a son. Qrow's stirs awake and sees Clover staring at him.

"How long were you watching me sleep, weirdo?" Qrow said playfully, rubbing at his eyes with his good hand.

"Not long, how's your arm?" Clover asked caressing Qrow's cheek.

On their journey back from the mission, Qrow had broken his arm fighting a Grimm. It was now in a cast and sling, and it would be that way for at least another two weeks.

"It kinda hurts a little." Qrow told his husband.

"Want me to get some pain meds for you?" asked Clover.

"Yeah." Qrow nodded.

"Okay, honey." Clover said kissing Qrow's forehead.

He gets out of bed and goes into the kitchen to get some pain pills for the pain in Qrow's arm. With a pill bottle in one hand and a glass of water in the other, Clover goes back into the bedroom and gives them to Qrow. After he's done taking the medicine, Qrow sets the glass on the nightstand.

"So, should we wake him, or let him wake up on his own?" Qrow asked pointing to the toddler clinging to his torso.

"Well...we have been traveling a long way, poor fella's tuckered out. Let him sleep a little more while I cook breakfast." Clover replied petting Corvus's head.

"Yeah, you go do that. I can't exactly move with him clinging to me like this." Qrow chuckled.

Before leaving the room, Clover gives his husband a kiss on his lips. When he's nearly finished cooking breakfast, Qrow and Corvus come into the kitchen.

"Morning, sleepy head." Clover said to Corvus.

"*yawn* Morning, Daddy." replied Corvus.

Clover nearly bursted into tears of joy at being called Daddy for the first time. He picks the boy up and kisses his cheek.

"Ready to eat, buddy?" Clover asked his son.

"Mhm." Corvus nodded.

Clover sets the crow faunus at the table and puts a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of him. The boy beams from ear to ear with the cutest smile.

"Wow! I never had pancakes before!" Corvus said excitedly.

The huntsmen loved seeing the smile on their son's face. They would do anything and everything just to keep that smile on his face. When they were done with breakfast, there was a knock at the door. Qrow went to answer it while Clover handed Corvus a napkin to wipe the syrup off his face. Opening the door, Qrow is faced with Ruby, Yang, and Tai.

"Hiiii, Uncle Qrow!" Ruby greeted with a smile and a hug.

"Hey, pipsqueak." Qrow replied.

"So, Uncle Qrow, Dad told us that Uncle Clover told him that you guys adopted a kid. Is that true?" Yang asked.

"Yeah, is that true, or did I just imagine Clover saying that?" Tai added.

"Yes, it's true. Look, I'll tell you guys the full story later." Qrow answered their questions.

"Papa! Who's at the door?" Corvus called out from the kitchen.

"It's your uncle, Tai; and your cousins, Ruby and Yang." Qrow told his son.

"Eeeeek! He sounds so cute, can we meet him!?" Ruby squealed, unable to contain her excitement.

"Sure. But calm down a little, you'll scare him." Qrow said letting them in.

Ruby, Yang, and Tai walk into the living room where Clover and Corvus are on the couch, channel surfing.

"Hi, guys." Clover said to them.

"Hi." Corvus said shyly.

"Awww! Hi, what's your name, you little cutie?" Ruby cooed.

"Corvus." replied Corvus.

Ruby and Yang sit on the couch next to Corvus.

"I'm Ruby and this is Yang." said Ruby.

Once Corvus was a little more comfortable around the girls; Tai, Clover, and Qrow left them to watch cartoons in the living room while they talked in the kitchen. There Clover and Qrow told Tai everything that happened on their journey back to Patch.

"Wow...I...I can't believe anyone would be so cruel to that sweet little boy. It's a good thing he's got you two now. I'm sure you guys are gonna be great parents." Tai said.

"Thanks, Tai." replied Qrow.

"We've got a lot of things to do. We gotta get clothes and toys for Corvus, we gotta get his room set up, and so many other things." Clover said, listing off the things that need done.

"We could do all that stuff tomorrow. The three of us will go to town and get all those things while the girls watch Corvus." Tai suggested.

"You'd really help with all that?" Clover asked him.

"Well of course I would. We're all family. Also, us dads gotta stick together." Tai answered.

"Ha, yeah, and so do us...uncles." Qrow said.

"Holy cow, that's right! I'm an uncle now!" Tai cheered.

"I'm so telling him the skirt story." he added giggling sinisterly.

"Don't. You. Dare." Qrow warned his friend.

"What's the skirt story, Papa?" Corvus asked, now standing next to Qrow.

"Nothing!" Qrow replied quickly.

"Haha, don't worry little guy, Uncle Tai will tell you later." Tai told Corvus.

"No, you will not!" Qrow protested.

The whole day was full of light hearted banter and fun. Ruby and Yang absolutely adored Corvus's voice imitation trick. The three cousins played with Zwei and Shamrock for most of the day. By night; Ruby, Yang, Corvus, Zwei, and Shamrock had all concked out on the living room floor in a big snuggle pile.

"Aw, so cute." Clover commented.

"Dad Lesson Number One: Always take pictures of the cute moments." Tai said pulling out his scroll.

Clover and Qrow also got their scrolls out and all three men took pictures of their adorable kids and pets. Afterwards, Tai wakes up the girls and gets them and Zwei home. Next, Clover picks up Corvus and Shamrock, who were still asleep, and takes them up to bed. He returns to the living room and sits next to his husband on the couch.

"What a day, huh?" sighed Clover tiredly.

"I've been thinking...one of us or both of us has gotta retire from active huntsmen duty, so that there's someone here to take care of Corvus." he added in a more serious tone.

"I know. I guess I could go back to teaching at Signal Academy." Qrow suggested.

"And I'll only take huntsman missions that are close by. So that I'm not too far away from my family." said Clover.

"Our lives are going to be a lot different now, aren't they?" Qrow chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, but I like this kind of different, and I wouldn't have it any other way." replied Clover scooting closer to Qrow.

He wraps his arms around his husband's waist and kisses him passionately.

"Me neither." Qrow said in between kisses.

The two make out on the couch for a bit before heading to bed. The next day was going to be long and busy, so they're going to need their sleep.