Fair Game: Birds of a Feather Don't Always Stick Together

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____

A/N: Related to the story, "Bird's Nest". Sequel to, "Missing Child".

Two months ago, Corvus was kidnapped by these two men who planned to use the ransom money to pay off someone they owed money to. Turned out the one they owed money to was Raven, Corvus's aunt. She helped him and brought him home to his dads. Since then, he hasn't seen his aunt.

"If she doesn't care about her family, then why did she help me?" Corvus asked Qrow.

"I don't know, buddy, I stopped trying to understand my sister a long time ago." Qrow sighed.

Corvus goes upstairs to play while his Papa and Daddy made dinner. The room was a bit stuffy so he opens the window. A few minutes later, a black bird comes crashing into the room. Then the bird transforms into an unconscious, bruised, and battered Raven. The little boy runs over to her and kneels beside her.

"Aunt Raven?" Corvus said poking her cheek.

The woman barely stirs, quietly groaning. To the young faunus, it looked like his aunt had lost a fight with a Goliath.

"Corvus! What was that noise just now!?" Clover called from downstairs.

Corvus doesn't answer immediately, he knew his dads weren't fond of Raven, but she was hurt and needed help, so he just couldn't do nothing.

"DADDY! PAPA! COME HERE, QUICK!" Corvus shouted.

After that, Corvus hears the rapid footsteps of his dads. When they see what was going on, Clover rushes over and picks up Corvus, and Qrow kneels next to his sister.

"Corvus, what happened?" Clover asked him.

"I'm not sure, she just crashed in here through my window in bird form. I think she came here to try to get away from something." Corvus answered.

"Raven! Raven!" Qrow called out, shaking his sister's shoulder.

"D*mn, she's out cold." he grumbled.

Qrow picks Raven up off the floor and carries her to the living room. He sets her on the couch, then Clover leaves Corvus in his room and brings Qrow the first aid kit.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Corvus asked coming into the living room.

"Corvus, go back to your room." Qrow told him.

"But..." Corvus argued.

"Corvus, listen to your father." Clover told his son.

"*sigh* Okay." Corvus sighed going back to his room.

He waits patiently while Qrow and Clover tend to Raven's injuries. Most of it were bruises and scrapes, but she did have two broken ribs, a mild concussion, and a busted up knee.

"Who do you think did this?" Clover asked his husband.

"Not sure, maybe Raven finally bit off more than she could chew and pissed off the wrong person." Qrow replied.

"We should go get Tai." Clover said.

"Yeah, we should." Qrow agreed.

"Corvus, come here, buddy!" he told his son.

"Is Aunt Raven okay?" Corvus asked coming downstairs.

"She's fine, none of her injuries are major. Daddy and I need to go get your Uncle Tai. Can you stay here and keep an eye on your aunt?" Qrow asked.

"Okay, Papa." Corvus nodded.

"Thanks, bud." Qrow said crouching down and kissing his son's head.