Fair Game: This Isn't A Joke

Qrow's POV

Clover and I were on a typical mission, taking down some Grimm near the outer wall of the city. It was rather easy to kill all the Grimm in sight. So, unfortunately, we stupidly let our guard down when we killed what we thought was the last of the group of Grimm. Out of nowhere, a sabyr lunges straight for Clover.

"Clover! Look out!" I shouted pushing Clover out of the way.

The Grimm's claws slices at my side then tackles me, causing the back of my head to hit the ground very hard, instantly knocking me out. I come to when I feel a burning sensation on my side. I looked at my surroundings and saw that I was in one of the watch towers at the walls of the city; and I saw Clover putting disinfectant on my wound. The disinfectant hurt like a b**ch, making me grit my teeth and breathe in sharply.

"Ah, sorry." Clover said.

"It's alright, you're just doing what you have to." I replied.

Clover then moves on to bandageing up my side. His hands were shaking and he had a worried frown on his face. I should say something to cheer him up.

"Guess that sabyr thought I was a scratching post, huh?" I joked with a lighthearted chuckle.

I sort of expected Clover to reply with a stifled laugh, but instead he bursts into tears and starts crying.

"Clover, b-babe..." I stammered.

"How can you joke about almost dying!?!" Clover asked as tears streamed down his face.

"Here I am scared to death that I'm gonna lose the one I love, and then you just crack a joke as if what happened was nothing! Do you really think that you dying is something to joke about? This isn't funny, Qrow, this isn't a joke! I care about you, I don't like seeing you get hurt!" he added, voice filled with fear and anger.

He grips my arms tightly and cries into my chest. Why the h*ll am I so gods d*mn stupid!? I should've known that this wasn't a good time to make a joke. I hug him and rub his back to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, Cloves. I didn't mean to be so insensitive. I was just trying to get you to smile...I hate seeing you frown. Your smile is just so d*mn gorgeous, I just want to see it all the time." I told him.

Clover lifts his face off my chest then kisses me. I kiss him back cupping his face.

"I love you." Clover said sniffling.

"I love you too." I replied wiping his tears away.

"Come on, let's get you home, so you can rest properly." Clover said picking me up.

Clover carries me home where he lays me on the bed and tucks me in. He makes sure I'm comfortable before kissing my forehead and making us something to eat. After we eat, Clover snuggles against my uninjured side and I scratch gently at Clover's scalp.

A/N: Here's another short and cute fic.