Fair Game: Bird's Nest

Qrow and Clover have been married for three years now, and they loved every second of it. They loved waking up next to each other every morning, they loved using the phrase my husband, and they loved their cat, Shamrock. Though, lately, Clover has been thinking a lot about...children. He really wants kids, but he doesn't know if Qrow does. He knows he should just talk to him, but he can't seem to gather the courage. Luckily, he didn't really have to think about it right now, cause him and Qrow were on a mission. The mission was rough, and it left the men bone tired. And, unfortunately, they have to make the long journey back to Patch on foot.

"Hey...what's been up with you, lately? You've been distant and quiet, is something wrong?" Qrow asked as him and Clover walked down a path through the woods.

"Nothing you need to worry about, I've just...had a lot on my mind." replied Clover brushing off his husband's concern.

"Babe, you know you can talk to me, we're husbands." Qrow said grabbing Clover's hand.

"Well....oh my gods." Clover said, but was distracted by something in the distance.

Qrow looks at what his husband was looking at and sees a smoking village. They quickly grab their weapons and run towards the village in need. When they come upon the village; buildings were damaged and bodies were scattered everywhere.

"Let's search for survivors." Clover suggested.

"Yeah...though I'm not sure there are any." Qrow agreed.

As they searched the village for survivors, Clover hears something that sounds like a child crying. He follows the sound into an abandoned orphanage and looks around inside. Next, he finds a little boy hiding under a bed.

"Hey, fella...it's okay. I'm a huntsman, I'm here to help." Clover told him gently.

"Are all the Grimm gone?" the child asked terrified.

"Yes, there's nothing out here to hurt you. You're safe." answered Clover.

Slowly, the kid crawls out from under the bed. That's when Clover noticed the sleek black wings...this kid was a winged faunus.

"Is there anyone else here?" Clover asked.

The boy shakes his head 'no', bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his wings around himself.

"What's your name, kid?" Clover asked the scared child.

"Corvus." the boy mumbled shyly.

"Well, hi, Corvus. I'm Clover." replied Clover, extending his hand out to the boy.

He hesitates at first, but Corvus does shake hands with Clover.

"Clover! Are you in here?" Qrow called out from another room.

"I'm in here!" Clover called back.

Qrow comes into the room and is surprised to see a kid.

"Is he the only one here?" Qrow asked Clover.

"Yeah. There aren't any other children here." Clover answered his husband.

"That's because they all left me behind. Their exact words were, leave that filthy faunus freak behind so the Grimm have something to munch on while the rest of us run away." Corvus told them.

"What? Th-that's awful. Why would they do that to you?" Clover asked shocked.

"Because I'm a faunus. The only faunus in the village." replied Corvus shrugging his shoulders, like it was an obvious answer.