Fair Game: The Black Bird of Vale pt.14

A/N: Vigilante AU.

Clover is dead, and Robyn is convinced that he was killed by his own boyfriend, who is also the vigilante known as Harbinger.

"Why did you do it? Why did you kill him? I...I thought you cared about him." Robyn asked Qrow.

"I-I didn't kill him...but...it is my fault. He shouldn't have been here...but he didn't want me to fight alone." Qrow replied sorrowfully.

"If you didn't kill him, then who did? Cause the only other person I see here is you." Robyn said, not putting her gun down.

"The one who did this left before you got here. Him and his associates stole something from here. I fear they're going to use it for something terrible. So...you can either let me go and stop them and avenge Clover's death...or you can arrest me right here and now." Qrow told her.

Robyn was no fool, she knew that Harbinger is the only person who has the means and the ability to stop whatever's coming. She's also a d*mn good cop, so she can tell he's telling the truth.

"I'm not going to arrest you. In fact...I'm gonna help you get these b*stards who killed Clover." Robyn said putting her gun back in its holster.

"Is there any place where we can talk in private? Do you have like a superhero lair of some sort?" she asked.

"Yeah, I have a lair." Qrow nodded.

"Good, lets go." Robyn said.

"Wait...what about Clover? We can't just leave him here like this." Qrow said.

"We'll bring him with us, then." Robyn replied.

"Wait here and I'll get my car." she added before walking away.

A few minutes later, she parks her car close to where Qrow and Clover are. She takes the tarp out of the trunk and lays it across the backseat, then she helps Qrow get Clover's bloody corpse into the car.

"Get in while I report to Commissioner Schnee. Don't worry, I won't tell her anything about all this." Robyn told Qrow.

She calls her boss and tells her that she didn't find anything so she was gonna leave. After getting the okay from her, she gets into the car and drives off. During the car ride, Robyn kept glancing in her rearview mirror, looking at Clover's lifeless body laying in the backseat. Then she would glance over at Qrow, who was staring at his bloody shaky hands as silent tears fell down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry I accused you of killing him. I was just shocked to see him like that, a-and you were the only other person there, so that was just the first thing that popped into my head." Robyn apologized.

"It's alright, I probably would've thought the same thing if I were you." Qrow replied quietly.

Robyn and Qrow arrive at the lair and place Clover's body on a table.

"Oh my god! What happened!?" Pietro asked.

"I don't know who, but someone shot him...he's dead." Qrow told him.

"I-I need to be alone for a second." he said, walking off to another room.

Once he's in the room, Qrow leans his back against the door and slides to the floor. Then he brings his knees to his chest and cries into his knees. 

"Mr. Branwen? Can I come in?" Penny asked knocking on the door.

Qrow scoots out of the way of the door, sitting against the wall next to it. Penny comes into the room, closes the door behind her, and sits next to Qrow. 

"I'm sorry about what happened to your boyfriend." Penny said.

"I loved him...but I never got the chance to tell him that." Qrow replied, his face still buried in his knees.

Then Qrow feels arms wrap around him, and he knew Penny was hugging him. Crying harder, Qrow leans into Penny's comforting embrace. Meanwhile, the villains return to their hideout to prepare for the next step of their plan.

"So where is this ancient powerful woman you want to bring back to life?" Cinder asked.

"She's downstairs. Hazel, go get her. I want Cinder to see the woman who will soon rule this planet as its queen." Arthur replied.

When Hazel returns, he's pushing a very old, very ancient looking casket into the room.

"How old is this thing?" Cinder asked as she marveled at the beautifully intricate designs on the casket.

"Over a thousand." Arthur answered.

"Would you like to see inside it?" he asked.

"Ummm....okay..." Cinder said reluctantly.

[877uuu8](A/N: this section is where my sister's cat walked across the keyboard of my computer)

Carefully, Cinder opens the casket and sees a woman. The woman had white as paper skin with black vein-like markings on her face under and above her eyes. Her hair was also white and done up in a odd way. She had a black and red dress that was tight and showed her elegant figure, as well as her cleavage. 

"If she's been dead for over a thousand years, how is her body so perfectly preserved?" Cinder asked Arthur.

"She was a very powerful sorceress of her time. She was viewed as a goddess and her followers created a cult to worship her. Even today there are members of this rare and unknown cult." Arthur explained.

"You one of these cult members?" Cinder asked him.

"Yes, we all are. And once her life is restored, so will her great power; and since we'll be the ones that brought her back, she'll reward us handsomely." Arthur said smiling.

"What kind of rewards?" Cinder asked intrigued.

"Anything your pretty head can imagine." Arthur chuckled.

"Okay, Arthur, at first I was skeptical of this plan of yours...but now...you have my full and complete cooperation." Cinder said smiling wickedly.

"What's her name?" Cinder asked running her hand along the edge of the casket.

"Salem. But we'll address her as My Queen or My Goddess." Arthur told her.

"Hmmm, okay. I can't wait to officially meet you...My Queen." Cinder said leaning into the casket to speak into the dead woman's ear.

Once the villains have Project Lazarus assembled and fired up, they'll use the machine to bring Salem back from the dead. And once she's alive, there will be no one to stop her, not a single person...not even Harbinger. She will rule the world and destroy those who don't fall in line. 

A/N: Here's my sister's cat bugging me while I'm trying to write.

Her name is Sabrina.