Fair Game: Sick Child

A/N: Related to the story "Bird's Nest".

Qrow wakes up in the morning and sees an empty spot in the bed, Clover's spot. Sleepily, he wonders where his husband would be, but then he smells breakfast being cooked downstairs. He gets out of bed and heads to his son's room to wake him.

"Corvus, time to get up, buddy. Daddy's almost done cooking breakfast." Qrow said standing in the doorway.

A tired groan comes from the lump under the blankets. Then comes a lot of coughing. Slightly concerned, Qrow walks over to the bed and sits on the edge.

"I don't really like the sound of that cough. Come out from under the covers and let Papa see you." Qrow said patting the lump under the covers.

Slowly, Corvus pokes his head out from under the blankets. The poor boy was pale with bright red cheeks. Qrow presses his palm against his son's forehead, and feels an uncomfortable warmth.

"How are you feeling, buddy?" Qrow asked.

"Icky." replied Corvus quietly.

"Aww, sorry to hear that, buddy. Don't worry, Daddy and Papa will take good care of you." Qrow said scooping up the boy into his arms.

He carries him down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey, guys. How are my birds this morning?" Clover said smiling.

"I'm good. But I think Corvus caught that nasty bug that's been going around at the preschool." replied Qrow.

"What? Really?" Clover said worriedly.

He quickly walks over to where his husband and son stood.

"Have you checked his temperature?" Clover asked Qrow, feeling Corvus's forehead.

"Not yet, do you know where the thermometer is?" answered Qrow.

"It's in the bathroom, in the medicine cabinet. I'll go get it, you get him settled on the couch." Clover said already heading towards the bathroom.

Qrow puts Corvus on the couch, then tucks a blanket around him and puts a pillow under his head. Clover returns with the thermometer and puts it in Corvus's mouth. His temperature was at 101.3 degrees.

"Yep, he's definitely sick. Come on, Corvus, lets take you to the doctor." Qrow said.

Everyone gets dressed, then goes to the local pediatrician. There, the doctor diagnosed Corvus with a mild form of bronchitis. He prescribed antibiotics for the sickness. On the way home, Qrow and Clover pick up the medicine, and other things needed to take care of their little boy. They take him to his room and tuck him into bed.

"Alright, buddy, time to take these antibiotics." Qrow said opening the medicine bottle.

"Does it taste yucky?" Corvus asked, hiding half of his face under the blanket.

"I'm not gonna lie...this stuff can be pretty gross." Qrow replied pouring the medicine into the little cup.

Corvus whines hiding under the blanket.

"Corvus, you have to take the medicine, so you can get better." Clover said uncovering his son's head.

The crow faunus pouts, but takes the medicine anyway. Afterwards, he scrunches his face in disgust.

"Bleh...I don't like that medicine." Corvus muttered pitifully.

"Nobody really does, buddy." Qrow said ruffling his son's hair.

"Go to sleep. It'll help you feel better." Clover told him.

"Are you going to stay and lay with me?" Corvus asked coughing a little.

"Do you want us to?" replied Qrow.

Corvus nods looking at his dads with big puppy-dog eyes. So, the huntsmen crawl into their son's bed and lay on either side of him. They both hold him and kiss his head before he falls asleep. For the next three days, Qrow and Clover take care of their sick son. After those three days, Qrow caught what Corvus had...then another three days later, Clover caught it.