Fair Game: We Are Family

A/N: Takes place after "Fragile Little Rose". Also WARNING: Contains slight homophobia.

Qrow's POV

Yesterday, Clover suggested that him, the girls, and I should do something together, just the four of us. Said something about, "family bonding". We haven't been dating for long and already the girls and him have grown so close to each other. I mean...Clover defied Ironwood's orders just to look after Ruby when she got poisoned by a Chimera Grimm.

"So, what do you think Clover's got planned for today?" Yang asked.

The girls and I are waiting for Clover to finish up a meeting with the general. He's probably being reprimanded for not following orders.

"Not sure, he told me it was a surprise." I answered.

"What ever it is, I'm sure it's going to be really fun! I am so ready to do something other than be cooped up inside all day." said Ruby.

"Are you sure you got the energy for what ever he's got planned?" I asked Ruby.

"Guyyyyys, I'm fine. Trust me, I'm feeling much better." Ruby told me and Yang.

"Well, that's good to hear." Clover said walking up to us.

He comes to me and gives me a soft kiss on the lips. Ruby and Yang, of course, go "awwwwww" as loudly and as obnoxiously as they can.

"Where are you taking us, Uncle Clover?" Ruby asked.

"You'll find out soon enough." Clover replied smiling.

Following my boyfriend, we all end up in front of a place called, Brave and Dusters(A/N: RWBY version of Dave and Busters). I haven't heard much about it, but Ruby and Yang look really excited.

"OMG! I heard this place is like...AWESOME!" Ruby shouted excitedly, jumping up and down.

"I know, right! I've wanted to come here ever since team FNKI told me about it." Yang said beaming from ear to ear.

"THANK YOU, UNCLE CLOVER!!!" the girls said crushing Clover in a hug before running for the entrance.

"Girls! Wait for us!" I called out to them.

"Hahaha, those girls sure are loud." Clover laughed.

"You can blame their dad for that. He can get pretty loud and boisterous a lot of times." I tell him.

"You didn't have to do something like this. I mean, isn't this place...really expensive?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it can be, but I don't mind. Anything for my family." Clover replied hooking his arm around my waist.

We join the girls inside and Clover pays for the four of us. If I'm being honest, I'm actually glad Clover did this, it was nice seeing him and the girls having fun together. Right now, Clover and Yang are in a heated air-hockey battle...of which Clover wins.

"What?! Noooo! You cheated! You used your good luck semblance, didn't you?!" Yang said, not wanting to admit defeat.

"Or maybe you're just bad at air-hockey." Clover chuckled playfully.

"Ohhhhh, no he didn't!" Ruby cackled.

I can't help the smile on my face, I'm just so d*mn happy. I don't think I've ever been this happy and in love before. All day long, the four of us had so much fun playing games and eating good food, and just enjoying each other's company. While Ruby and Yang were playing skee-ball, I was watching Clover play the large claw machine game. He had won a teddy bear about half Ruby's size, it was the same color as his eyes. Next, he places the bear in my arms.

"Thanks...for today, for everything. It's been quite a while since I have seen the girls have this much fun. Heck, it's been forever since I've had this much fun." I said smiling and clutching the bear.

"You don't have to thank me...I'm just giving you guys what you deserve; cause in my opinion, you deserve the world." Clover replied putting one hand on my shoulder and the other on my cheek.

He closes his eyes and begins to lean in for a kiss. I close my eyes, ready to accept it. But, unfortunately, our lips never touch, cause we're interrupted by someone groaning in disgust. We look and see this guy sneering at us.

"Do you seriously have to do that in public? No one wants to see any of that, take your gay-sh*t somewhere else!" said the guy glaring at us.

"HEY! Do you got a problem with my uncles?!?" Yang asked the guy, her eyes red in anger.

"Yes! Yes, I do! They're a couple of fa--" the guy replied.

Though, he didn't get to finish his sentence as Yang punches him in the face, with her metal arm, sending him across the room and crashing into one of the games.

"I...think it's time we go now...before security gets here." Clover suggested.

"Yeah, come on, girls, lets go!" I said grabbing Clover's hand.

As the four of us make our way out, Yang turns around and flips off the guy who insulted us. Now that we're far enough away, we all just stand there and laugh about what happened.

"Yang...you could've gotten us in trouble." I said, my laughter dying down.

"Well, the jacka** deserved it." Yang replied.

"Yeah! No one insults our family and gets away with it!" Ruby added.

"Now...where were we before we were so rudely interrupted?" Clover asked with a cocky grin.

"I think you were about to kiss me." I replied winking.

"Oh yeah..." Clover said pulling me close.

As we kiss, the girls hoop and holler excitedly. I can easily say that today has been one of the best days of my life. I love my family so much, gods I hope this doesn't all get taken from me. I don't think I can go on without these three.