Fair Game: A Near Drowning Experience

A/N: Headcanon: Qrow is a very bad swimmer. I.e. he can't swim.

It was a cloudy day, and everyone is on a boat out in the middle of the ocean. Clover noticed that Qrow looked a little nervous.

"You alright there, honey?" Clover asked.

"Yeah...I'm good. Just not used to being on a boat, that's all." replied Qrow.

"You'll be okay." Clover said putting an arm around his boyfriend's shoulders.

They were about to kiss when the waves suddenly became rough, causing the boat to rock and sway. Then a giant sea Grimm, that looks like a giant squid, pops out of the water.

"Kids! We got trouble!" Qrow shouted, alerting Team RWBY, JN_R, and Penny and Oscar.

All the huntsman and huntresses on board the boat get their weapons ready and fight the giant Grimm. During the fight, the Grimm had grabbed Qrow by the ankles with it's tentacle and flung him nearly a mile away, splashing into the ocean.

"Oh no! Uncle Qrow!" Ruby gasped.

Clover saw that Qrow was struggling to keep his head above the water.

"Ruby, what's going on?" Clover asked the girl.

"Uncle Qrow can't swim!" Ruby told him.

Clover looks back out into the ocean and doesn't see his boyfriend, which meant that he went under. Jumping into action, the Ace Op dives over the edge of the boat and into the water. While the others fight off the Grimm, Clover swims as fast as he could to get to Qrow. When he gets to the spot Qrow went under, he goes down and looks for him. He dives down deep and finds him unconscious and sinking. He grabs him and quickly swims back up to the surface. Breaking through the surface, Clover takes in a huge gulp of air. By the time he had swam back to the boat, the Grimm was dead and gone. Penny helps them get back onto the boat, where Qrow is laid gently on the floor.

"Qrow! Come on, honey, wake up!" Clover said shaking Qrow's shoulders.

He checked his boyfriend over and realized that he wasn't breathing. So, he starts to administer CPR. Clover locks his hands over Qrow's chest and begins to do chest compressions. Then he tilts Qrow's head back, pinches his nose, and breathes into his mouth. He repeats this process over and over.

"D*mn it, Qrow, breathe!!" Clover shouted in fear and frustration.

Clover continues to give his unconscious, almost lifeless, boyfriend CPR until the huntsman gasped and coughed up water. Everyone sighs in relief, knowing that Qrow was okay.

"Oh my gods, honey!" Clover said, wrapping Qrow in a tight hug.

"Uncle Qrow, are you okay?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, kiddo, I'm alright." Qrow answered, coughing.

Next, Clover grabs Qrow's face and kisses him repeatedly.

"I thought I almost lost you. Qrow, why didn't you tell me you couldn't swim?" Clover said clinging tightly to his boyfriend.

"I'm sorry, I guess that should've been something to mention before getting on a boat." Qrow chuckled.

"YES! Yes, you should've mentioned that!! Qrow, you could've died!!" Clover yelled.

To deescalate the situation, Qrow wraps his arms around Clover's neck and kisses him firmly on the lips.

"Qrow, don't you dare think you can just kiss me and expect that to fix..." Clover scolded before he was interrupted by another deep and passionate kiss.

"You're lucky I love you." he muttered, trying not to smile, but failing.

"I love you too, lucky charm." Qrow said hugging his boyfriend.

"Alright, ya love birds, get a room!" Yang said throwing towels at them.

Clover wraps Qrow in the towel, then picks him up and carries him below deck; all while Qrow complains about being carried, and the others laughing at the adorable couple. Qrow and Clover dry each other off and then cuddle in one of the bunks. After this whole...experience...Clover makes Qrow promise that he'll learn how to swim, so something like this won't happen again.