Fair Game: Avalanche

Clover's POV

Qrow, Ruby, Yang, and I were in the mountains hunting Grimm. There were so many of them and by the time the last Grimm was killed; mine, Qrow's, and Ruby's auras were hanging on by a thread.

"You guys alright?" Yang asked.

"Yeah, just sore and tired." replied Ruby.

Out of nowhere, another Grimm appears and lunges at Qrow.

"UNCLE QROW, LOOK OUT!!" Yang shouted jumping into action.

Yang punches the creature with all the force she had, sending it several feet away and crashing into the side of the mountain. That causes a loud booming noise to echo. Then there's a rumble and....

"AVALANCHE!! RUN!" Ruby yelled.

We all haul a** down the mountain trying to outrun the snow falling behind us. But the avalanche caught up to us. The force of the snow hitting me knocks out what little aura I had left and knocks the breath right out of me, then I black out. When I wake up, I'm under who knows how many feet of snow for who knows how long. I couldn't move, my arms and legs were pinned in the tightly packed snow. I could hardly breathe, because of the fact that I'm pretty much buried alive under several feet of snow and that some of my ribs are clearly broken. Though the worst of it was the cold, which felt like a thousand needles stabbing me.

"Hello! Can anyone hear me!" I shouted as loud as I could.

"Qrow! Yang! Ruby! Are you guys alright!!" I shout again.

There's no response, they're probably buried under the snow too. I gotta get myself out of here so I can help my family. Before I could try to free my arms, I hear what sounds like someone digging. Soon there's light shining through a small hole; then the hole gets bigger and I can see Yang's face.

"Uncle Clover, are you hurt?" Yang asked me.

"Some of my ribs are broken, but that's it." I told her.

"Hold on, I'll get you out." Yang said.

Yang digs some more then pulls me out of the snow. It's a little easier to breathe now that I'm not being suffocated by a pile of snow.

"Are you okay enough to help me find Ruby and Uncle Qrow?" Yang asked helping me to my feet.

"Yeah, I think so. How long have we been under there?" I answered.

"A half hour. I'm really worried, Ruby and Uncle Qrow aren't as resistant to the cold as we are." Yang replied.

"Then lets hurry and find them." I said.

Yang and I look all over the place digging in the snow, trying to find Ruby and Qrow. I'm digging at one spot when I suddenly come across something shiny and metallic. With some more digging, I saw that it was Cresent Rose, Ruby's weapon. I dig even faster in that area, hoping to find the weapon's owner. I'm relieved when I see red cloth, knowing it's Ruby's cloak. Once I got her out, I looked her over for injuries. Ruby wasn't hurt, but she was unconscious and ice cold.

"I found Ruby!" I told Yang.

"Is she okay!?" Yang asked, still digging in the snow looking for her uncle.

"She isn't hurt, but she's freezing cold and unconscious!" I replied.

"Then just keep her warm! I'm still looking for Uncle Qrow!" Yang said.

I wrap my arms around Ruby and try to warm her up as best I can.

"I found Uncle Qrow! He's hurt, he hit his head on something...it's bleeding!" Yang called out.

Yang pulls Qrow out of the snow and drags him over to where Ruby and I were. He had a gash on his head at the hairline that bled slowly. I take off my armband and hand it to Yang.

"Use this to wipe the blood off the side of his face and then hold it against the wound." I told her.

Yang does the things I directed her to do.

"We need to call for help." I said as I worriedly look at how pale and still Ruby and Qrow are.

"I already did that, help is on the way. We just gotta keep them warm until then." Yang assured me.

The pain in my ribs was pretty much forgotten as me and Yang huddled together with Ruby and Qrow in between us. I was too busy worrying about them to think about my broken ribs. When help arrived Ruby and Qrow, of course, were the first to receive medical attention, they both had hypothermia and Qrow also had a concussion. As soon as they were stable, my ribs were attended to. Yang wasn't injured at all. I'm just thankful nobody died. The next morning Ruby woke up and later on that day Qrow woke up.

"How are you guys?" I asked them.

"Tired." Ruby said.

"Achey, especially my head." Qrow mumbled rubbing his head.

"Yeah, well, you did hit your head on a rock." Yang chuckled.

"I'm glad both of you are okay. Yang and I were pretty worried." I said kissing Qrow's head.

Ruby and Qrow's recovery only took a couple days, and Yang and I took care of them the entire time.

A/N: If you haven't already, check out my new RWBY book called, "RWBY: Adventures In Vacuo".