Snowbird Baby

A/N: Sequel to "Winter's Secret".

After Winter told Qrow she was pregnant with his baby, they got married. They had a daughter named Dove Branwen. She was a beautiful child with white hair and red eyes. As she grew, she became a lot like both her mother and father. Though she was also quite unique.

"I don't wanna be a huntress." Dove told her parents when she was five.

"Then what do you want to be when you grow up, baby bird?" Qrow asked her.

"A figure skater!" Dove replied.

"You guys aren't mad that I don't wanna be like you, are you?" she asked shyly.

"Of course not, sweetie, we'll be proud of whatever career you go into. We'll be happy as long as you're happy." Winter answered picking up her daughter and placing her on her hip.

"Yeah, baby bird, if you don't want to be a huntress, you don't have to be." Qrow told her, kissing her forehead.

As soon as possible, Qrow and Winter did what ever it took to make their daughter's dream come true. Dove worked hard in her dancing and skating lessons. And over the years she became a very successful figure skater. At twenty years old, she holds world record of the most gold medals.

"We are so proud of you!" Winter said hugging Dove after one of her performances.

"Mooooom, you say that after every performance." Dove chuckled.

"Well that's because each performance is better than the last." replied Winter.

"Your mom's right, you were awesome." Qrow said kissing his daughter's cheek.

"Thank you for supporting me, I wouldn't have made it this far without you guys." Dove said hugging her parents tightly.

"Dove! Hi, Dove!" a voice shouted from across the room.

The three turn towards the voice and see a squirrel faunus waving excitedly at them. Dove smiles recognizing them, but Qrow and Winter haven't seen this faunus before.

"Jude! You came!" Dove cheered running towards her friend.

She jumps into the faunus's arms and kisses them right on the lips. Now Qrow and Winter were a little...how parents usually get when their child starts dating.

"Mom! Dad! Come meet Jude!" Dove told them.

As the couple got closer they noticed that Jude looked very androgynous, was tall, and had a red fuzzy tail.

"Hello, you must be Dove's...boyfriend...girlfriend...partner?" Winter asked trying her best not to be rude.

"Partner, mom, Jude is non-binary." Dove said.

"Thanks, Dove. It's nice to meet you, Jude." Winter said shaking hands with Jude.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Qrow asked folding his arms.

"For two months. We met at a music festival." replied Jude.

"Let's talk more over dinner." suggested Dove.

The four of them have dinner at a semi-fancy restaurant. The things discussed was Dove's and Jude's relationship and what Jude does for a living. Turns out, Jude is a hunter ( I used this instead of using huntsmen or huntress so I could keep it gender neutral ) who studied at Vacuo; they were part of team DNJR.

"Well, it's good to know that you can keep my baby bird safe, being a hunter and all." said Qrow.

"Daaad, I'm very capable of protecting myself, mom taught me basic self defense and how to utilize my aura and a little bit of my semblance." Dove replied.

After getting to know Jude, Dove's parents really started to like them. Soon Jude became part of the family. Then they became family even more when they proposed to Dove after three years of dating. On her wedding day, Dove and her mom were finishing up getting ready when Qrow walked. The huntsmen couldn't hold back the tears when he saw how beautiful his daughter looked in her wedding dress.

"Are you ready, baby bird?" Qrow asked wiping away his tears.

"Yeah, daddy...are you?" answered Dove hooking her arm around her father's.

"Not really...but I guess you'd have to leave the nest someday." Qrow said giving Dove a kiss to the top of her head.

Qrow walks his daughter down the aisle and gives her away. Seeing Dove getting married may have been the single most amazing day in Qrow and Winter's life...next to her birth.