Fair Game: The Flu Sucks pt.2

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____ and EmiKitaro

The mini flu epidemic had ended and everyone was good as new, though Jaune still had little to no voice. Right now, everyone was hanging out and having fun. Yang and Elm were currently having an arm wrestling match.

"Come on, Yang! Kick her butt!" Nora shouted excitedly.

"Yeah! Go, Yang!" Ruby cheered.

While the others were watching the match, Qrow kept to himself in the corner of the room. For most of the day, Qrow has felt extremely tired, and he had a headache coming on. When Yang wins and everyone was hooping and hollering, Qrow suddenly felt very very dizzy. The next thing he knew, he was on the floor slumped against the wall, and Ruby, Yang, and Clover were standing over him.

"Qrow, honey, are you okay?" Clover asked worriedly.

"W-what...happened?" Qrow asked.

"You collapsed, Uncle Qrow." Ruby told him.

"Yeah, you're not looking so good. You probably got that flu everyone had." Yang said.

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm not sick." Qrow argued.

He then proceeded to cough roughly and repeatedly. And when he tried to stand up, he just falls back down on his rear.

"Not sick, huh?" Clover said.

"Shut...*cough*...up." Qrow muttered.

"Let's get you to bed." Clover said helping Qrow to his feet.

He slings his arm over his shoulders then Yang slings his other arm over her shoulders. When they get Qrow to his room, Clover gets him changed and into bed, while Ruby and Yang went to get supplies to take care of him.

"Here, Uncle Qrow, I made you some tea. Blake says it really helps with the coughing and sore throat." Yang said.

"Thanks, firecracker." Qrow said before taking a sip of the tea Yang gave him.

"And I brought medicine." Ruby said.

She hands the medicine over to Clover who gives it to Qrow.

"I'm tired..." Qrow mumbled.

"Then go to sleep, hun. You'll feel so much better after some rest." Clover said rubbing Qrow's head.

"Stay until I fall asleep, please." Qrow said drowsily.

"Okay, honey." Clover replied kissing Qrow's warm forehead.

Clover sat on the edge of Qrow's bed and held his hand until he fell asleep. When Qrow was asleep, Clover tucks the blankets around him and gives him another forehead kiss. Then him, Ruby, and Yang go out into the living room. Later on, Ruby goes back into the bedroom to check on her uncle.

"What's wrong, Rubes?" Yang asked when Ruby came out of the room looking distressed.

"I think his fever is really high. He...he wasn't making any sense...and...and h-he thought I was...he thought I was mom. And now he won't stop crying. I-I don't know what to do." Ruby explained freaking out.

Clover and Yang exchange worried looks then head to the bedroom with Ruby. Qrow was a sobbing mess, curled up in a ball on his side, face pressed firmly against his pillow. He kept mumbling Summer's name in between hacking coughs.

"Oh, honey." Clover said rushing over to Qrow's side.

He sits on the bed and holds Qrow to his chest.

"Shhh, baby, shhh. It's okay, calm down. I got you." Clover whispered rubbing Qrow's head and back.

"I...I-I...I saw her...Clover, I saw her." Qrow cried.

"No, Qrow, that wasn't her, that was Ruby." Clover told him.

"Ruby?" Qrow asked.

"Yes, honey, that was Ruby you saw, not Summer. Your fever is very high and it's making you confused." Clover replied wiping the tears off his boyfriend's face.

"Oh, gods, I made Ruby upset, didn't I?" Qrow asked beginning to calm down some.

"She's a little upset, but she's mainly worried." Clover answered.

"Uncle Qrow?" Ruby said cautiously walking closer to the bed.

"Hey, pipsqueak." Qrow said, smiling weakly.

Ruby immediately latches herself onto Qrow, hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry I remind you so much of her." Ruby apologized sadly.

"Don't be sorry, Ruby. It's a good thing that you're like your mom. You have all the same qualities your mom had that made her one of the best huntresses I have ever known. She'd be so proud of the young woman you've become." Qrow told her.

"Both of you." he added looking at Yang.

Then Yang joins in the hug, Qrow wrapping his arms around both of his nieces and Clover wrapping his arms around all three of them.

"I love you guys." Qrow said.

"We love you too, Uncle Qrow." Yang said.

After Qrow is given something for his fever, he's moved to the couch where he snuggles against Clover while Ruby and Yang put on a movie for the four of them to watch. Though, Qrow fell asleep right in the middle of it. During Qrow's illness, his boyfriend and nieces took good care of him.