Fair Game: Sundrop pt.1

A/N: There's a little bit of Fairgame at the end. This story mainly focuses on the friendship between Clover and Punzie.

Initiation Day...

Clover is running through the abandoned mines the school was using for initiation day. The students were told that the first person they'd come face to face with would be their partner for the next four years. As he turned a corner, Clover bumps into someone, causing both of them to fall on their rear.

"Sorry." Clover said standing up.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." replied the girl with long blonde hair.

Clover walks over and holds out his hand towards the girl. She grabs his hand and he pulls her to her feet.

"I'm Clover Ebi." Clover said.

"Punzie Gothel." the girl said.

"Let's go fight some Grimm...partner." Punzie said excitedly.

"We also have to get that relic thing and take it to the other end of the mine." Clover told her.

"Yeah, that too." replied Punzie.

She turns and heads down one of the paths, Clover following behind her. As they were walking, Punzie glances at the weapon hanging off of Clover's hip.

"That's an interesting weapon you have there. I've never seen someone have a fishing rod as a huntsman weapon...then again, I've never really seen much of anything, guess you could say that I'm a bit of a shut-in, but let's not talk about that right now." Punzie said.

"So, what's your semblance?" she asked.

"Good fortune." Clover answered.

"Hehe, that's funny. You're name just so happens to match your semblance." Punzie giggled.

"Yeah, I guess it is kinda funny." Clover laughed.

"What about you, what's your semblance?" he asked her.

"You'll just have to wait and see, but trust me It's really cool." answered Punzie.

That's when a Grimm decided to show up. It was a giant sabyr. Clover pulls out Kingfisher and extends it. Punzie just pulls out a singular small dagger.

"Umm, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but...is that it?" Clover asked.

"Look, I've never been to a junior combat school, I'm self taught, so I didn't have a chance to get one of those fancy weapons." Punzie said.

To Clover's surprise, Punzie actually faired well using only a small dagger. Clover also saw that Punzie's semblance was that she could grow her hair out to incredible lengths and use it to lasso Grimm. When the initiation trial was over Clover and Punzie ended up on a team with Phillip Pinboots and Rose Aurora, their team name was CPPR(copper), and Clover was the leader. Later that night in their new dorm room, Clover wakes up in the middle of the night, and sees Punzie sitting on the windowsill looking out the window.

"Punzie, what are you doing up so late?" Clover asked.

"I couldn't really sleep. So, I just thought I'd sit here and look out the window like I did at home. I didn't wake you up, did I?" Punzie replied.

"Nah, it's alright." Clover said joining his new partner on the windowsill.

"Where are you from?" Clover asked her.

"I...uh, lived in a tree house outside the kingdom of Mistral." Punzie answered.

"A tree house...cool." Clover said.