Fair Game: Roommates pt.3

A/N: Real World AU.

Qrow and Clover set their date for Saturday. It's Friday, and Qrow is a bit of a nervous wreck. So, of course, he goes to his nieces for help.

"He asked you out?" Ruby asked.

"Yes." Qrow nodded.

"See! I told you people wanted you!" Yang said.

"What if...I mess up the date and he stops liking me? Being roommates would be so awkward." Qrow said.

"That won't happen. Everything is going to be fine." Ruby assured him, gently holding his hands.

"You guys are the best, thank you so much." Qrow said hugging his nieces.

"You're welcome, Uncle Qrow." Ruby and Yang replied.

The next day, Qrow is getting ready in his room. He had on black skinny jeans and a dark red button up shirt. The shirt sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and the top two buttons were unbuttoned.

"Are you decent, Qrow?" Clover asked knocking on the door.

"Yeah, you can come in." Qrow said.

Clover walked into the room wearing dark blue jeans and a blue and white polo shirt.

"You look...amazing." Clover sighed in awe.

Qrow chuckled shyly while his cheeks turned pink.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Qrow said.

"You ready to go?" Clover asked grabbing Qrow's hand and interlocking their fingers.

Qrow nods and squeezes Clover's hand. Clover takes Qrow to a nice restaurant and they have a great time, exchanging stories and witty banter. Then Qrow opens up about his past alcohol addiction.

"Yeah...I was in a really bad place in my life. I was almost always drunk, which made me unable to really be there for my family. Yet, my nieces always stayed by me, especially Ruby. She always made sure I was well rested and hydrated; and the next morning when I'd be hung over and sick as a dog, Ruby would take care of me. And I would feel so pathetic and guilty, because she was just a kid, she shouldn't be taking care of me, I should've been taking care of her. The more guilt I felt the more depressed I got, and so the more I drank...it was a viscous cycle. Finally, about a year ago, I passed out drunk in a stream and wasn't found until the next morning where I was extremely hypothermic and practically on death's door. While in the hospital, I developed pneumonia and almost died. As I laid dying in that hospital bed, all I could really remember seeing was my family's terrified faces. That is what made me go sober...I just couldn't keep causing my family so much pain and misery. Next month is when I'll be one year sober." Qrow explained as Clover sat there, listening to every word.

Qrow lets out a deep shuddering breath and his hands start shaking.

"I...uh...I'm sorry, I probably ruined the mood. And I probably bummed you out talking about this depressing sh*t." Qrow said.

"Hey, it's okay. I've told you I'd be here whenever you needed to talk. And I'm greatful that you trust me enough to tell me all of this. I'm so proud of you for taking control of your life and remaining sober. It's not an easy thing to get over, but hey you're still here and sober, so that says something about your strength." Clover replied holding Qrow's hands to keep them from shaking.

Qrow had never felt so lovestruck in such a long time, it almost felt unfamiliar to him. He truly felt like he was falling in love. After dinner, they go home.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Clover asked.

"Sure." Qrow replied.

The two were snuggled under a blanket on the couch watching a movie. Clover had his arm around Qrow and was resting his head on top of his. When the movie was over, Qrow could hardly keep his eyes open.

"I got work tomorrow and I'm really tired, I'm gonna turn in." Qrow told Clover.

"Okay. I...I had a great time tonight." Clover said scooting closer.

"Me too." Qrow smiled.

Clover leans in and gently kisses Qrow. It was quick, but Qrow was satisfied nonetheless. He goes to bed and dreams of Clover, the man he's fallen hopelessly in love with. A couple days later, Qrow is at work when he gets a call from a number he doesn't recognize.

"Hello? Who is this?" Qrow asked into the phone.

"Elm, Clover's friend." replied the other person on the phone.

"Sorry, Elm, I'm working right now, I can't talk." Qrow said.

"Wait, Qrow, this is important! There was an accident at work, Clover's hurt!" Elm told him quickly.

"What!? What happened!?" Qrow asked worriedly.

"Well, he was on the ladder working on something. Then he gets electrocuted and is thrown off the ladder." Elm explained.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Qrow replied, his anxiety rising.

"I'm not sure, I just got him to the hospital an hour ago, and I still haven't heard anything from the doctor." Elm said.

"Let me know when you hear something, I'll try to be there as soon as I can." Qrow sighed nervously.

"Yeah, I'll do that." Elm replied.

"How'd you get my number, by the way?" Qrow asked.

"Clover gave it to me about a week ago in case of emergencies." Elm answered.

"Well, that's good. Thanks for calling me." Qrow said.

He hangs up and puts his head in his hands. Qrow tried to get his work done as fast as he could, so that he could go to the hospital to be by Clover's side. Once all of his work was done, Qrow sped to the hospital. He finds Elm waiting in the waiting room for him.

"Hey, I was just about to call you. The doctor said Clover was doing okay. The fall hurt him worse than the electrocution. He has a concussion, three broken ribs, a broken arm, and a broken leg. The doctor says he wants to keep him overnight so he can monitor his heart to make sure the electrocution didn't damage it." Elm told him.

"Am I able to see him?" Qrow asked her.

"Yeah, I'll show you to his room." Elm said.

When Clover sees Qrow enter his hospital room, his face lights up with a bright smile.

"Heyyy, Qrow." Clover said, his voice a little raspy.

"Hey, Clover. How do you feel?" Qrow said walking over to the bed and sitting next to it.

"Sore...a little achy. I'm just glad I didn't fry my insides." Clover replied.

"I'm glad you're okay. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you." Qrow said before kissing Clover's cheek.

"Awww, aren't you two adorable." Elm said.

"Hi, Elm. Thanks for calling Qrow." Clover said.

"No problem, that's what friends are for. Now, I'd love to stick around, but I gotta go back to work and tell everyone that you didn't croak." Elm said patting Clover's uninjured knee.

"Alright, see ya later." Clover replied.

Qrow stays by Clover's side all night and brings him home the next day. He gets him into bed and makes sure he's comfortable. All day, Qrow takes care of Clover.

"I have to go to work tomorrow, I'm sorry." Qrow told him frowning.

"It's fine, don't feel bad." Clover replied.

"I asked Ruby and Yang to look after you while I'm at work. You don't mind, do you?" Qrow asked.

"I don't mind at all. Qrow, I like your nieces, they're fun." Clover said.

Qrow smiles then kisses the top of Clover's head. He sleeps in Clover's bed beside him, so that he could be close by in case Clover needed something.