Fair Game: Spending Time in Argus

A/N: This story contains an OC of mine named Azure Arc, she is the younger sister of Jaune, and is deaf. 

Qrow and Clover pack their things for a trip to Argus. Recently, Trevor tore his rotator cuff, and was going to need surgery to correct it, so they're going out there to help around the house while he recovers. 

"Mom messaged me, Dad just went into surgery, so if we leave now, we should be in Argus by the time he wakes up from anesthesia." Clover said putting his scroll in his pocket.

"Okay, almost done packing. Hey, how did your dad even mess up his shoulder?" Qrow replied.

"I think Mom said he was trying to lift something and it just went rrrripp." Clover explains.

"Yeesh, that sounds painful." Qrow cringed.

 When the packing was finished, they board a public transport to Argus. On the transport they look for a place to sit. Usually, they would've taken a private military transport, but all the military issued airships were having maintenance done on them.

"Hey look, it's Jaune sister, Azure." Clover said pointing over to where the blonde girl was sitting.

"She must be heading to Argus to visit Saphron." Qrow said.

Azure catches sight of Qrow and Clover and happily waves at them. There were two empty seats next to her, so she signals them over. 

"Hey, guys, what are you heading to Argus for?" Azure signed as Clover and Qrow sat next to her.

"We're visiting my parents." Clover replied while using sign language.

"Cool, I'm heading there to visit my sister, sister-in-law, and nephew." Azure told them.

After conversing with each other, they learned that Clover's parents and Azure's sister and sister-in-law don't live far from each other, their houses are actually in close proximity. 

"We should totally get together and all have dinner one night." Azure signed.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." Clover agreed with her.

"Of course it'll have to be once my father's up for it. He's having shoulder surgery today." he told Azure.

"Oh my, tell your father that I wish him well." Azure replied.

"Thanks, I will." Clover replied, nodding.

When they land in Argus, Azure goes off to Saphron's and the other two head to Clover's parents's house. Joanna answers the door and lets them inside.

"Your father is in the bedroom sleeping, so let's keep things at a low volume." Joanna told them quietly.

"Okay, Mom." Clover said before taking his and Qrow's things to the guest room.

On his way back to the living room, Clover pokes his head into his parents's room to check on his dad. The older man was in a deep sleep, his left arm in a sling. He returns to the living room where Qrow and Joanna were on the couch talking.

"Dad seems to be doing pretty good, did the surgery go well?" Clover asked sitting next to Qrow and throwing his arm around his shoulders.

"Yes, the doctor said that the surgery was a complete success and that he should be good as new in no time." Joanna answered.

Later on, Joanna and her boys are preparing dinner when Trevor wakes up and joins the others.

"Hi, dear, how are you feeling?" Joanna asked kissing the top of her husband's head.

"A lot better. But my shoulder's starting to feel sore, where's those pain meds the doctor prescribed?" Trevor replied.

"Right here, Dad." Clover said handing the bottle of medicine to his father.

Clover and Qrow mainly helped with the cooking and the cleaning while Joanna made sure her husband rested and didn't over exert himself in his current condition.

"Hey, Mom, Dad, is it alright if we invite some friends over for dinner?" Clover asked his parents.

"Sure." Trevor nodded.

"Sounds fun." Joanna agreed.

For dinner that night, they invited the Cotta-Arc family over. They all had a great time getting to know each other.

"I've been meaning to ask you guys, where did you all learn sign language?" Azure asked.

"Well, Trevor learned while in the military, it was part of his training. Then he taught me while we were dating, and Clover was seven when we taught him." Joanna answered her while using sign language.

"What about you, Qrow, where did you learn?" Azure asked him.

"I got bored one day when I was around your age, so I checked out a book about it from the library and taught myself." Qrow replied.

The night was spent conversing about various topics like Azure's studies in astrophysics, Adrian starting pre-school, jobs, and how Trevor injured his shoulder. Azure, Saphron, and Terra decided to leave once it was getting close to Adrian's bedtime; also Azure wad heading back to Atlas the next day and had to board the transport early in the morning.

"It was nice meeting you all." Joanna said.

"It was nice meeting you too, Mr. and Mrs. Ebi." Azure signed with a friendly smile.

"What a nice set of girls, and that baby was just so adorable...reminds me of when Clover was that age." Joanna commented once their guests have left.

"Yeah, our son was the cutest as a baby." Trevor chuckled.

"What are you guys talking about? He's still the cutest." Qrow said hugging his boyfriend and kissing his cheek.

The two of them spend another two weeks in Argus, helping out Clover's dad with his recovery. Before leaving for Atlas, Clover nags his dad about being more careful at his age.

"Aw come on, your mother is one year older than me and she's still able to lift a car over her head." Trevor said.

"Dad...you couldn't even do that at my age." Clover replied.

"Okay...yeah, but...oh alright, you got a point." Trevor sighed.

"See ya, son; see ya, Qrow. Thanks for all your help." he added.

"Bye, my babies." Joanna said hugging Clover and Qrow very tightly.

"B-bye...see you soon." both Qrow and Clover grunted, barely able to breathe in Joanna's tight embrace.

Joanna lets them go and they board the transport back to Atlas. By the time they get home, it was late at night and they were both exhausted. The past three weeks had been tiring, but it was worth it, Clover's family needed him, and he loves them very much, so of course he was going to help them. And Qrow came along because he cares just as much as Clover does.

A/N: If you guys want more of Azure, go read "Cute/Funny RWBY Randomness", where she makes her first appearance, and "My RWBY Ships", where I ship her with Whitley; their shipname being Arctic Star.