Fair Game: Soulmate AU

A/N: In this, on your eighteenth birthday a little heart will appear on your wrist. The color of the heart matches the color of your soulmate's eyes. The heart disappears when you look your soulmate in the eyes.

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____

When Qrow woke up on the morning of his eighteenth birthday in his dorm room at Beacon academy, the first thing he did was look at his wrist. Today was the day his soulmate mark would appear. He was a little bit disappointed to see that the heart on his wrist wasn't silver like he hoped it would be. Instead it was a teal/blue color.

"Happy birthday, Qrow and Raven." Summer said to Qrow and his sister.

"Thanks, shortstack." Qrow replied.

"Here, let me see your soulmate mark." Summer said grabbing Qrow's arm.

"Wow, your soulmate's gonna have such pretty eyes." she said smiling.

"Mhm." Qrow said unenthusiastically.

Later on that day, Qrow told Summer that he was bisexual. To which she replied with excitement and unconditional support. Twelve years later, Clover wakes up on his eighteenth birthday in his dorm room at Atlas Academy to a red heart on his wrist.

"Hey, Punz, check it out." Clover said excitedly.

"Your soulmate's gonna have red eyes?! That's so coooool!" Punzie replied looking at Clover's soulmate mark.

"I know right! Wonder if he's handsome too." Clover said.

"If he's your soulmate, then he'll definitely be handsome." Punzie told him.

Sixteen years later, Qrow and Clover are on their first mission together. Qrow was talking about his bad luck semblance when he slipped on some ice. Clover caught his wrist before he could faceplant onto the ground and pulls him back to his feet. As Clover held Qrow's wrist and shoulder, the two stare deeply into each other's eyes for the first time...teal staring at red. Both of them briefly glance at their own wrists and saw that their soulmate marks had disappeared, signaling that they had met their soulmate.

"Well...my semblance is good fortune. Lucky you, huh?" Clover said before winking.

That wink made Qrow blush fiercely and his mind go blank. After the mission was over, Clover came by Qrow's room.

"What are you doing here?" Qrow asked.

"I wanted to talk to you...you are my soulmate after all." Clover answered.

Qrow sighs heavily sitting on the couch.

"Hey, what's up?" Clover asked sitting next to him.

"It's just...I gave up on finding my soulmate a long time ago. Where the h*ll were you twenty-eight years ago?" Qrow asked.

"I was...six years old. Most likely watching cartoons." Clover replied.

"You were six when I was eighteen?" Qrow asked eyes wide.

Clover nods, then Qrow groans loudly running a hand over his face.

"Holy sh*t, I'm a f**king cradle robber." Qrow grumbled.

"No you're not. We're both adults, our twelve-year age difference doesn't matter." Clover said placing his hand over Qrow's.

"But there's other things about me that just won't work...you're better off just walking out that door." Qrow told him.

"Why are you so down on yourself all the time?" Clover asked.

"Look, I'm just not worth it. I'm not worth anything to anybody...never have been." Qrow said wrapping his arms around himself and looking at his feet.

"I seriously doubt that's true. Those kids sure seem to think you're worth a lot. And if you give me the chance to get to know you, I might think so too." Clover said cupping Qrow's cheek and making him look at him.

"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you." Qrow sighed.

Clover smiles which Qrow can't help but reciprocate. As they got to know each other more and more, they fell deeply in love with each other. So, they decided to start dating. After four months of dating, Qrow and Clover told each other, "I love you.".