Fair Game: The Black Bird of Vale pt.15

A/N: Vigilante AU.

Penny gets Qrow back into the other room with everyone else. Qrow noticed that Pietro had covered Clover's body with a sheet.

"I hope you don't mind...I thought it'd be more respectful." Pietro said.

"It's fine. I don't think I can handle looking at him while he's in that state anyway." Qrow replied.

"What was stolen?" Robyn asked.

"Something called Project Lazarus. Though, we have no idea what it does." Pietro told her.

"Seriously? You don't know? Isn't it obvious?" Robyn said.

The other three shrug their shoulders, not knowing what the woman was talking about.

"Lazarus? Ya know...the guy from the bible? The guy who Jesus brought back from the dead? You don't know about him?" Robyn asked them.

"Look, ponytail, I'm not all that religious and these two are Jewish; so, no, we don't know anything about this biblical dude." Qrow told her.

"Oh...well, then yeah, I guess you wouldn't know. Well, in the bible there's this guy named Lazarus who died, then Jesus comes and does his Jesus thing and boom...the guy's alive again. So, obviously, this Project Lazarus is a machine that brings people back from the dead." Robyn explained.

"The only question now is....who are they raising from the dead?" she added.

"It can't be good whoever it is." Pietro said.

"We can't let them use it...we have to destroy it." Qrow told everyone.

"But not before we use it though." Penny said.

"What?!" Pietro replied shocked.

"Penny, what are you talking about?" Qrow asked.

"Why would we need to use Project Lazarus?" Robyn asked her.

"To bring Clover back, of course!" Penny answered pointing to the sheet covered body on the table.

"Penny we...we don't know if it's gonna even work." Qrow replied sadly.

"But we have to at least try!" Penny said determined.

"Please let me help you, Qrow. There's so many of them, you can't face them alone." she begged.

"She's right, you're out numbered, you'll need all the help you can get." Robyn agreed.

"But, Penny, I don't want you ending up like Clover." Qrow said placing his hands on Penny's shoulders.

"I won't, I promise." Penny told him.

"There's something I wanna show you guys." she told Qrow and Robyn.

Penny leads them to another area of the lair. There was a table with some stuff on it but it was all covered up with a tarp. When she removed the tarp, they saw that on the table was a grey metallic battle suit with black, green, and pink detailing on it.

"What is it?" Robyn asked her.

"It's something I've been developing for a while now. It's a technologically advanced battle armor. I call it Floating Array." Penny replied.

"You...you built this?" Qrow asked examining the tech.

"Yes." Penny nodded.

"Does it work?" Pietro asked.

"Yes it does. I'm sorry I kept it from you all, but I just wanted to make sure the suit was successful before showing you." Penny told them.

"So, please let me come this time." she begged Qrow.