Blessing

Ruby was spreading rose petals everywhere, Blake was setting up a table, and Yang was making sure her uncle Qrow looked his best.

"Is this stupid suit necessary?" he said while his niece was tying a tie around his neck.

"Of course it's necessary! You're proposing to Winter!" cheered Ruby.

The front door slams open and a pissed-off Weiss is standing in the doorway.

"Ruby, Blake, Yang! Leave! Now! I need to have a word alone with Mr.Branwen!" she shouted.

"But-" began Ruby.

Weiss gave the red-cloaked girl a cold, dead 'just try me' stare.

"Uhhh, nice knowing ya uncle Qrow." Yang said dragging Blake and Ruby out the door.

The door closes behind them, leaving Weiss and Qrow alone. She walks up to him and stares at him menacingly.

"So, you want to marry my sister ?" Weiss growled.

Qrow nods nervously. Weiss was a very intimidating person. He trembled slightly, in fear of what the young Schnee might do to him.

"Tell me why and how much you love her. Tell me what you are willing to do for her." Weiss snarled.

"I love her because she was the woman in the world I had to work for to get; I love because she makes me want to be a better huntsman, a better man ; I love her because she is herself, she tries to be something she's not. I love her more than alcohol, I love her more than Remnant, I love her more than Dust, I love her more than being a huntsman, I love her more than life . I will do anything and everything for that woman, if she asked me to quit drinking, I'll go cold turkey." declared Qrow with extreme confidence.

Weiss took a step back, and looked at him surprised.

"B-but wouldn't the withdrawal of quitting cold turkey....k-kill you or something?" she asked.

"If it's for Winter, it's worth it." Qrow answered.

Weiss stood up straight, slowly walked up to him, took his hands in hers, and looked into his eyes.

"Qrow Branwen, I grant you my blessing to marry my sister." she said.

"Thanks....sis." Qrow responded.

"You're welcome.....bro." Weiss replied.

The front door opens and Winter walks in.

"What's all this for?" Winter asked.

"I'll leave you two alone." said Weiss walking out.

Qrow walks up to Winter, grasps her left hand, kneels down on one knee, and proposes to her.

"Yes." Winter whispered.

Outside, perched on a window sill, a raven looks in on this romantic scene and has delight and pride gleaming in it's eyes.