Fair Game: Baby's Bad Dreams

A/N: Related to the story "Bird's Nest".

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____

Clover's POV

Qrow and I were sleeping, when I heard the bed creak. I open my eyes and see our five-year-old son, Corvus, crawling towards us and lay in between us.

"I had a bad dream, can I sleep with you?" Corvus asked.

"Of course, buddy." I told him.

I lift up the blankets so Corvus could get under them.

"What's going on?" Qrow asked sleepily.

"Corvus had a bad dream, so he's sleeping in our bed tonight." I replied.

"Aww, what was the dream about, Corvus?" Qrow asked him.

"Hmmm...it was about...the old orphanage I lived in. In the dream I was there again...where everyone hated me and was mean to me and would hurt me. And you guys weren't there to save me or protect me." Corvus explained crying afterwards.

To comfort our baby boy, Qrow and I hug him and kiss his head.

"Corvus, you don't have to be afraid of those awful people anymore. You're here and you're safe with us." Qrow said.

"And we won't let anyone hurt you ever again." I said pulling both Corvus and Qrow close to me.

"Papa, Daddy...I love you." Corvus said snuggling against my chest.

"We love you too, buddy." Qrow said nuzzling into Corvus's hair.

My husband and son sleep soundly in my arms. The next day, Corvus was playing in the living room, but he still looked really upset.

"You think the dream he had is still bothering him?" Qrow asked me.

"Yeah, it looks like it. What should we do?" I replied wrapping my arm around my husband's waist.

"We should do something to cheer him up." Qrow suggested.

The three of us went to that kid's place to play arcade games and eat pizza. Corvus had a lot of fun...though one of the animal mascots kinda creeped him out, but all in all he really enjoyed himself.

"Thank you, Daddy! Thank you, Papa!" Corvus said hugging our legs.

"You're welcome, bud." Qrow replied with a smile.

"Anything to make our boy happy." I said patting Corvus's head.

Corvus runs off to play some more while Qrow and I sit at our booth and keep an eye on him. Qrow leans against me and I wrap my arm around him and kiss his temple.

"I think I'd count today as a major parenting win, huh, babe?" Qrow said holding my hand.

"Yeah, we have been great parents today." I agreed.

When Corvus tired himself out we took him home and laid him down for a nap. Qrow tucks the blankets around his tiny sleeping form and kisses his forehead. Next, I also kiss Corvus's forehead, then turn the lights off. While Corvus sleeps, Qrow and I watch a movie in the living room.