Fair Game: Qrow Can't Swim

Requested by: EmiKitaro

Qrow and Clover were on an undercover mission on a boat of pirates. Unfortunately, they were discovered and were now in deep trouble.

"What should we do with these two, boss?" asked one of the crew members.

"Hmmm...throw them overboard." replied the captain of the boat.

"Let the sharks get them." she added.

"Yes, ma'am." said a very large and muscular crew member.

He grabs Qrow and starts dragging him to the side of the boat.

"No! Please don't! He can't swim!" Clover pleaded.

"Even better! That means he'll die quicker." said the captain.

The large man throws Qrow overboard. While Qrow struggled to keep his head above water, Clover tried to jump in after him, but the crew was holding him back.

"Let me go!" Clover shouted.

"Hold him back until the other guy's head disappears under the water!" the captain ordered.

"Clover! Hel--..." Qrow called out before sinking underneath the water.

"QROW!!" Clover cried out, terrified.

He stomps on the foot of one crew member and elbows another in the nose, causing them to let him go. Then he runs and jumps off the side of the boat, diving under the water to retrieve his boyfriend. He grabs Qrow and brings him to the surface. Qrow coughs up water and gasps for air while holding tightly to Clover.

"You okay?" Clover asked.

"Y-yeah...*cough*." Qrow nodded.

"What are we gonna do now?" he asked.

"I don't know. The boat is too far away to catch up to it." replied Clover.

"And our comms are wet, we can't call for help. Clover...this is really bad." Qrow said.

"I know, but we'll figure it out." Clover replied tightening his hold on Qrow to keep him afloat.

"There's sure to be another boat out here somewhere. Hold on to me, I'll swim until we find one." he said.

Clover swims with Qrow holding onto his back, until they come across a cargo ship. The crew notices them and helps them get onboard.

"Are you two alright?" asked the captain.

"Yeah, we're okay. Just tired and wet." Qrow answered.

They were taken below deck to dry off.

"I'm sorry." Qrow muttered.

"About what?" Clover asked.

"That I'm pretty much useless on missions that involve a boat." Qrow said frowning.

"Hey....you're not useless." Clover said cupping Qrow's face.

He leans forward and kisses his lips then presses their foreheads together.

"Don't worry about it. I'll just teach you how to swim." Clover said.

"Okay." Qrow said.

The cargo ship takes them to port where they get on an airship and return to Atlas.