Fair Game: Heat Exhaustion

Clover's POV

The kids, Qrow, and I are in Vacuo. I never would have guessed that Vacuo would be so HOT. I've never been to Vacuo before, most of my life I've been in either Atlas or Mantle. I was used to the icy chill of Solitas, the cold never really bothered me.

"Why does the desert have to be so d*mn hot?" I grumbled wiping the sweat off my brow.

"Because it's the desert, babe. The scorching heat is a given." Qrow replied.

We have been fighting Grimm nonstop, Grimm I've never fought before. And the fights kick up sand, which gets into my eyes. Let's just say that I hate the desert. Ruby, Yang, and I are fighting a Grimm while Qrow is helping the others with a different Grimm. When were done I felt so tired, weak, dizzy, and....and just so hot! The heat surrounded me like a suffocating cloud of hot air, I found it really hard to breathe. My mouth was so dry, while my body and clothes were drenched in sweat. The dizziness became too much to bear and I fall to my knees. I must have really startled Ruby, cause I heard shriek a little.

"Uncle Clover, are you okay?" Ruby asked me, crouching next to me.

I don't know how to respond, I can't think straight. All I can really do is stare blankly at the ground while breathing heavily.

"UNCLE QROW!! Come quick! Something's wrong with Uncle Clover!" Ruby shouted.

"What's wrong with him?" Qrow asked his niece.

"I think the heat's getting to him. We have to get back to Shade Academy. If he keeps going like this, he's going to get heat stroke." Ruby told him.

I didn't really pay attention to my surroundings, I could only hear Ruby and Qrow's conversation. Then I felt Qrow pick me up and hold me in his arms, bridal style. And before I could even register anything else, we're all suddenly at Shade Academy. How did we get here so fast? Am I that out of it? Then the next thing I know I'm in the infirmary, which is air conditioned, oh gods what relief.

"Hey, babe. Can you hear me?" Qrow said laying me on a bed.

"Yeah...Qrow, I feel terrible." I tell him.

"It's going to be okay, babe. We'll get you cooled down." Qrow said unbuttoning my shirt.

He takes my shirt off, then a nurse comes over and puts an IV in my arm. A cooling sensation fills my veins, that honestly feels amazing. Next, Qrow starts placing cold compresses on my head, chest, under my neck, and under my armpits. Now that I'm starting to cool off, I feel so much better.

"Gods....what the h*ll happened to me out there?" I groaned, running a hand through my hair.

"That...babe...was something called heat exhaustion." Qrow told me, holding my hand and then kissing it.

"I hate the heat." I grumbled.

"I know, babe, you've been telling me that since we arrived in Vacuo." Qrow chuckled.

He bends forward and kisses the top of my head. Then he starts giggling.

"What?" I asked him.

"Oh, nothing, it's just...I never figured you to be so delicate in the heat...like a snowflake." Qrow replied grinning.

"Well, what did you expect? I'm from Atlas, the coldest place in Remnant." I laughed.

After some more cooling off, and drinking plenty of water, I was back to my old self. But I was still really tired, boy does the heat really take a lot out of you. So, Qrow and I take the rest of the day off, and cuddle in bed. I hope I'm able to adjust to this place, or else I won't be of any use to anyone here in Vacuo.