Fair Game: It's Just A Sprained Ankle

Qrow's POV

I was walking back to my room after a mission. Well...I was actually limping to my room. I had sprained my ankle when I landed wrong during a fight with a Grimm. It hurt like h*ll, but I powered through it the rest of the mission...which was probably a mistake. Cause, right now, my ankle is throbbing. I have to lean against the wall in order not to fall over.

"Qrow, what's wrong? Why are you limping like that?" Clover asked from behind me.

Awwww shhh*t! I didn't want Clover to see me like this, he's going to overreact and make too big of a deal about this. So, to hide my injury, I stand on both feet, and straighten up my posture.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm perfectly fine." I lie, mentally screaming in pain.

"Qrow...please don't ever lie to me. I saw the way you were walking, you were barely able to stand." Clover scolded me, folding his arms across his chest.

D*mn it! He's giving me that d*mn angry-pouty face that makes me feel guilty but is also so f**king adorable! Now I feel a little bit like a jerk, even though what I lied about was miniscule.

"*sigh* I'm sorry...my ankle hurts, I'm pretty sure it's sprained." I said going back to leaning against the wall for support.

"See, now was that so hard? Telling the truth?" replied Clover, smugly.

He walks up to me and scoops me up into his arms.

"What the h*ll are you doing?" I asked startled.

"Carrying you to your room." Clover answered as he started to walk towards my room.

"Babe, you don't have to do that. It's just a sprained ankle, I can just hobble to my room. There's no need to make a fuss about nothing." I tell him.

"First of all, no injury is "nothing", and second, I'm your boyfriend, it's my gods given right to fuss over you. So, there's no way I'm gonna let you hobble to your room." Clover said opening the door to my room.

He carries me over to the bed and gently sets me on it. Next he goes into the bathroom and grabs the first aid kit. Then he crouches in front of me and begins to unlace my shoes.

"Ouch!" I grunted when Clover took of the shoe of my injured foot.

"Sorry." Clover muttered sympathetically.

He takes off my sock and rolls up my pant leg a bit. We both cringe at how swollen my foot and ankle is.

"D*mn, honey, what did you do?" Clover asked.

"It's just part of being a huntsman." I chuckled, faking a smile.

Clover starts to gently touch my ankle, which really really really hurts.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Clover, stop it! Stop touching it, it hurts!" I shouted jerking my leg away.

"I'm sorry, honey, I'm just trying to help." Clover replied grabbing my leg to hold it still.

Clover then wraps my ankle in bandages and gets me settled in bed with a pillow under my foot.

"I'll be right back." Clover told me kissing my head.

He leaves then a few minutes later he comes back with a pill bottle, an ice pack, and a bottle of water.

"These are for the pain." Clover said handing me the pill and water bottles.

"Thanks." I mumble, blushing at how kind and gentle he's being.

"No problem, honey." Clover giggled placing the ice pack on my ankle.

He gets into the bed next to me and holds my hand, interlocking our fingers. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. Then he lifts my hand to his lips and kisses the back of it. My heart swells with joy knowing Clover's got my back through all things, whether it's big or small...especially the small things.