Fair Game: A Familiar Magic Between Us pt.8

A/N: Magic AU.

Clover followed Arvel's notes that led him to the basement of the school, which students were forbidden to go. In there he finds the statue that's the secret entrance to the chamber. He then recites the spell that opens the chamber and is faced with a dark path that's a winding stone staircase.

"Well...here goes nothing." Clover mumbled.

He rolls up his sleeves to his elbows, then casts a light spell so he can see to go down the stairs. As he descended down the old, worn out stone staircase, his palms began to sweat.

"Come on, pull yourself together, Ebi. You can't get nervous now, not when the whole school is in danger." Clover told himself.

Once he was at the bottom, Clover cautiously searches the chamber for Professor Watts. He was just able to catch up to the man before he could enter the room where the demon is held.

"WATTS!" Clover shouted, rage in his voice.

Professor Watts turns around to face Clover with a smug look that made him want to punch his face.

"Young man, you do realize that it's against school policy for students to be out of their dorms after curfew, don t you?" Watts asked.

"I'm pretty sure murdering students and plotting to destroy the school is a much worse offense, don't you think...Professor?" Clover replied, clenching his fists.

"*sigh*...You're gonna try and stop me, aren't you? Just like...what's-his-face." Watts said folding his arms across his chest.

"His name was Arvel, you son of a b**ch!" Clover yelled at the potions professor.

"Well, Arvel should've known not to meddle in things that don't concern him." Watts chuckled.

Angry, Clover charges at Watts and attacks him. While Watts had more magical skills, Clover had way more magical energy and way more physical strength. He punches Watts several times in the face and chest, then he knees the teacher in the stomach and pins him against the wall.

"You're gonna pay for what you did to my friend." Clover growled.

Smiling sinisterly, Professor Watts starts to laugh.

"What are laughing about!?" Clover asked pinning Watts harder against the wall.

Suddenly, a scorpion crawls out of Professor Watts's jacket pocket and stings Clover's wrist. Yelping in pain, Clover jerks his hand away and stumbles back a few feet. He instantly started to feel hot and dizzy as the venom slowly spreads throughout his body. The scorpion turns into a human and kicks Clover to the ground.

"You must be Tyrian." Clover grunted.

"Kill him, I'm gonna go start the ritual." Watts told Tyrian.

Before leaving, Watts hands Tyrian a knife. When Watts went into the other room, Tyrian grabs the front of Clover's shirt and lifts him; then he presses the knife to Clover's throat.

"Wanna know how I killed your little friend?" Tyrian giggled wickedly.

Clover tried to fight back but the venom in his body progressively made him weaker and weaker. As Tyrian was about to stab Clover, a black crow swoops down and takes the knife from him.

"What the...what was that!?" Tyrian said confused.

"That's my familiar, dipsh*t." Clover replied.

Qrow lands on the ground, turning into a human. Then he runs towards Tyrian and tackles him down. Tyrian punches Qrow's face and kicks him off. When Tyrian tries to attack Qrow, he grabs the knife he had taken from him earlier and plunges it into his heart. The scorpion familiar dies, changing back into his scorpion form. To make absolute sure Tyrian was dead, Qrow grabs a large rock and squashes the scorpion.