Fair Game: The Black Bird of Vale pt.16

A/N: Vigilante AU.

When Qrow and Robyn get to the museum, they wait for Penny to finish wit her surveillance. 

"According to my scans, they're all in the main area of the museum with the machine. Except...Cinder, she's...dead, I found her body stuffed in a dumpster." Penny told them over the comms.

"They must've discovered the tracking device and killed her because of it. If we don't get a move on, they're gonna know we're here." Robyn said.

"Penny and I will draw them out to the east and west wings while you get Clover to the machine." Qrow said.

"Okay. You two be careful." Robyn told them.

"You too." Penny replied.

Penny heads to the west wing, while Qrow heads to the east; and Robyn drags Clover's body through the back entrance into the museum's main area. Qrow and Penny had successfully split up and distracted the villains, leaving Robyn the perfect opportunity to use Project Lazarus on Clover. As she's loading him into the machine, she sees a casket with some ancient looking woman in it.

"Hm, so that's who they're trying to bring back to life. She must be one bad a** b**ch if they went to this much trouble to bring her back." Robyn commented.

Before she could push the button on the machine, someone grabs her and throws her to the floor away from the machine. She looks up and sees Neo holding her gun. With a smirk, the woman dismantles Robyn's gun and throws the pieces to the side. When Robyn gets to her feet, Neo holds up her fists in a fighting stance.

"Oh, you wanna keep this hand-to-hand? I can do that." Robyn said bringing up her fists.

In the west wing, Penny fights Hazel. Because of her suit, she was able to keep out of reach of the large man and hit him hard and fast. Any large object he threw at her, she just blasted through with her lasers or sliced through with her floating blades. Right now she was using her lasers to cut at the floor around Hazel.

"You have a terrible aim, foolish child." hazel told her.

"No, I do not. I was not aiming at you...we're on the second floor, so..." Penny replied before pointing to the floor Hazel was standing on.

Hazel looks down as the floor under his feet begins to crack and give way. He falls through and lands hard on the ground of the first floor. The largest villain lays unconscious in a pile of rubble, having been defeated by a seventeen-year-old girl. Meanwhile, Qrow was in the east wing fighting Emerald and Mercury, while Arthur just watched...like it was entertainment or something. 

"I'm gonna make you pay for what you did to him!" Qrow shouted at Arthur.

"That sidekick of yours seems quite special to you, doesn't he. What was he...your lover?" Arthur asked.

Qrow tries to attack Arthur, but Emerald and Mercury wouldn't let him near their boss. Back with Robyn, her and Neo were still fist fighting. Neo punches Robyn's jaw then kicks her in the stomach, knocking her to the ground. Just before Neo could attack Robyn, Penny comes in and hits Neo with a stun blast. Then Robyn uses a net grenade Qrow gave her to trap the villain.

"Come on, let's use the machine now!" Robyn said to Penny.

The two of them run over to the machine and press the button activating it. When the machine was done glowing and making noise, it opens on it's own.

"Clover? Come on, Clover, wake up." Robyn said, shaking his shoulders.

Clover gasps, eyes opening wide and frantic. Penny and Robyn get Clover to calm down and told him everything that happened.