Fair Game: Tortured Bird pt.2

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____

A few weeks ago, Qrow and Clover were captured on their mission; and Qrow was severely tortured. Now, he's all better, thanks to his boyfriend taking good care of him. While captured, Clover was made to listen as Qrow was tortured, for information. Since being rescued, Clover has been having nightmares about Qrow being tortured. Because of these nightmares, Clover hadn't been sleeping well, which made him not take care of himself like he should. So, due to his lack of selfcare, Clover fell ill with a fever; and now it was Qrow's turn to take care of him.

"Here, babe, you need to eat something." Qrow said sitting on the edge of the couch Clover was laying on.

He hands his boyfriend a mug of soup as he sits up. While Clover eats, Qrow presses his palm to Clover's forehead.

"*sigh*...Ah man, your fever still hasn't gone down." Qrow sighed.

"Can you rub my head? I have a headache." Clover asked meekly.

"Of course, babe." Qrow replied kissing Clover's cheek.

The huntsman lays on the couch, pulling his boyfriend on top of him. Clover nuzzles into Qrow's chest as he begins to massage his scalp. The Ace Op is asleep in no time. Twenty minutes later, Clover is squirming and whimpering in distress...clearly having another nightmare.

"Woah, hey, shhh...it's okay, babe, calm down." Qrow said, rubbing Clover's back, soothing him.

Clover's breaths even out and he relaxes in Qrow's arms. He opens his glassy eyes and looks to his boyfriend.

"Can we go to bed? I'm feeling really crummy right now." Clover mumbled, sweat beading on his brow.

"Yeah, the bed should make you much more comfortable." Qrow said wiping the sweat off of Clover's forehead with the back of his wrist.

Qrow gets Clover into bed and covers him with a couple blankets. Then he goes to leave the room, but Clover grabs his cape.

"Where are you going?" Clover asked pouting adorably.

"I'm just going to get you medicine for your fever. It's kinda high which is really starting to concern me. I'll be back in a minute, I promise." Qrow assured him.

"I don't need medicine, I need you." Clover whined pulling on Qrow's cape.

"Well, I need you to take some medicine. So can you please do that for me?" Qrow said trying to tug his cape out of Clover's grasp.

"O-okay." Clover replied letting go of Qrow's cape.

While in the kitchen getting the medicine, Qrow gets a call from Ruby on his scroll.

"What's up, kiddo?" Qrow said answering his scroll.

"Uncle Qrow! Kendall Lenox escaped from prison! You and Uncle Clover need to get somewhere safe, they might try go after you guys." Ruby told him.

"Ruby, calm down. Clover and I are safe where we are. Kendall doesn't even know where we live." Qrow replied.

"Just keep an eye on each other, okay." Ruby said.

"We will, pipsqueak." Qrow said before hanging up.

With the medicine, Qrow returns to Clover's side and gives it to him.

"Is something wrong? You look worried." Clover asked.

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about." Qrow said petting Clover's head.

The medicine Qrow gave his boyfriend makes him fall into a deep sleep. Qrow sat on the bed, letting Clover snuggle into his side. Suddenly, the window in the living room shatters. The sound didn't wake Clover, but it did catch Qrow's attention. He quietly slips out of bed, grabs Harbinger, and leaves the bedroom.

"Of course it's you." Qrow said glaring at Kendall, who had broken into their room.

"Hello again, Qrow. How are you and Clover doing?" Kendall replied.

Qrow and Kendall fight each other, tearing the living room apart. The fight made its way to the kitchen, where Kendall tries to stab Qrow with a large kitchen knife.

"Get away from him!" Clover shouted grabbing Kendall from behind.

Kendall pushes Clover off of them and stabs him in his side.

"Clover!" Qrow gasped.

He tackles Kendall to the ground and punches them until they were unconscious. Then he goes to Clover, who still had a knife stuck in his side. Qrow grabs the knife to try to pull it out, but Clover stops him.

"Don't. Keep that there." Clover told his boyfriend.

"Why!?" Qrow asked.

"Because, it's the only thing keeping me from bleeding too much. Just hurry and call for help." Clover explained.

Qrow calls for help then holds Clover's hand as they wait for help to come.

"Why did you try to fight them? You're sick." Qrow asked cupping Clover's cheek.

"I...I-I couldn't let them hurt you again." Clover answered, his grip tightening on Qrow's hand, due to the pain in his side.

When the other Ace Ops arrived; Vine and Marrow took Kendall back to prison, and Elm and Hariet took Clover to the infirmary. Thankfully the knife in his side missed all his organs, so he only needed a few stitches. Even though his fever was unrelated to his injury, the doctors wanted to keep Clover in the infirmary until it broke.

"Get some rest. I love you." Qrow said giving Clover a quick peck on the lips.

"I love you too." Clover yawned, tired from the long day he had.

As Clover slept, Qrow sat beside him and held his hand. Kendall was placed in a more secure facility, so the couple will never have to worry about them ever again.