Fair Game: Missing Child

A/N: Related to the story, "Bird's Nest".

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____

Clover was just coming home from a long and hard mission and couldn't wait to see his husband and son. When he got home, something was...off, something didn't feel right. The front door was broken, like it had been kicked in. Slowly and cautiously, Clover enters his home, trying to not let his fear distract him. The entire living room was a mess, like there had been a fight. 

"Qrow!? Corvus!?" Clover called out worriedly.

Clover hears a groan coming from the kitchen and immediately runs towards it. In the kitchen, Clover finds Qrow laying unconscious on the floor. He rushes to him and shakes him awake.

"Qrow, honey, what happened? Who did this to you? Where's Corvus?!" Clover asked holding his injured husband in his arms.

"They...they took him." Qrow replied weakly. 

"Who took him?" Clover asked.

"These two men...I don't know who they are. I'm sorry, I tried to fight them off, but I couldn't. I'm so sorry." Qrow answered.

"I know, honey, I know you tried." Clover said cupping Qrow's cheek.

"Let's get you to Tai's to get you patched up." he said lifting Qrow off the floor.

Clover carries Qrow to Tai's house, then takes care of his injuries.

"Why did those guys take Corvus?" Ruby asked.

"I don't know, but they better not hurt him." Clover replied.

"Don't worry Uncle Clover and Uncle Qrow, we'll help you get him back." Yang said.

"Thank you, we need all the help we can get." Clover said.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Anima, Corvus is handcuffed to a chair while his kidnappers keep an eye on him.

"Don't be scared, kid, you'll be home soon. Once your dads pay us a buttload of lien, we'll let you go." said kidnapper-1.

"What do you need all that lien for?" Corvus asked.

"To pay off someone we owe lien to, now be quiet and don't ask anymore questions." replied kidnapper-2.

Kidnapper-1 goes upstairs to get a drink, then seconds later comes back looking terrified.

"Dude, she's here!" kidnapper-1 tells kidnapper-2.

"Who?" asked kidnapper-2.

"That b**ch we owe!" kidnapper-1 replied.

"Excuse me, what did you just call me?" said the woman the kidnappers were afraid of.

"Raven!...heyyyy!" kidnapper-2 said nervously.

"Where's my lien?" asked Raven.

"W-we'll get it to you soon. As soon as we collect the ransom for this kid over here." kidnapper-1 told her.

"Sorry, boys, but today is the deadline. So, you either give me the lien you owe me now, or I'll show you what I mean by dead-line." Raven replied pulling Omen out of its sheath.

"I promise...we'll get it to you b-by the end of the day." kidnapper-1 said, voice trembling with fear.

"Are you stupid? I said I want my lien NOW!" Raven growled gripping her sword tightly.

"But, we don't have any lien right now!" replied kidnapper-2.

"Then, I guess you'll pay off your debt with your lives." Raven said.

Knowing what was about to happen next, Corvus shuts his eyes tightly. He heard screaming and cries of pain, and then loud thuds followed by silence. When he opened his eyes, he saw the kidnappers dead on the floor in a pool of blood. Raven wipes the blood off of her sword and puts it back in its sheath. Then she walks up to Corvus and releases him.

"What's your name, kid?" Raven asked.

"Corvus Branwen-Ebi." Corvus answered timidly.

"I....I know who you are...you're Papa's sister, Yang's mom...you're my aunt." he said.

"So...my brother has a kid now...interesting." Raven said.

"Are you going to ransom me now?" Corvus asked.

"No. I only deal with adults. I don't kidnap children and hold them for ransom." replied Raven.

"Nah, you just abandon them." Corvus muttered.

"Look, kid, don't mouth off to me." Raven said sternly.

"I'm taking you to my camp. And tomorrow, I'm taking you to your dad." she said grabbing Corvus's hand.

"Why?" Corvus asked.

"I'm doing you a favor, kid, don't question it." Raven snapped.

"Yes, ma'am." replied Corvus.

"How old are you, by the way?" Raven asked the young crow faunus.

"Eight." Corvus answered.

Raven takes Corvus to her camp and puts him in her tent.

"Stay here. I got things I need to do today. Don't get into any trouble." Raven told him.

Corvus sits quietly and waits patiently for his aunt to finish up her duties. When she returns she gives him something to eat. The next day, Raven opens a portal to Qrow and brings Corvus through it.

"Lose something, little brother?" Raven said to Qrow.

"Raven?" Qrow said confused.

"Papa!" Corvus said running up to his dad.

Qrow picks up his son and hugs him tightly. He holds him close and kisses his head a thousand times.

"Oh gods, I'm so glad you're okay!" Qrow cried in relief.

"Clover! Clover, come here!" he called out.

When Clover saw Corvus safe in Qrow's arms, tears formed in his eyes and he runs up and hugs his husband and son.

"What is she doing here?" Clover asked.

"Aunt Raven took out the kidnappers and brought me here." Corvus explained.

"....Thank you....Raven." Qrow said not looking his sister in the eye.

"Whatever, don't expect anything else nice from me, this was a one-time thing." Raven replied folding her arms.

"I know..." Qrow said.

Raven reopens the portal and disappears through it. Then Clover and Qrow take their son home and hold him for hours.