Fair Game: Fragile Little Rose

A/N: Sequel to "A Kiss From A Rose", where Clover returns the favor.

Clover's POV

Ruby and I were in the dust mines clearing out Grimm. We were deep in the mines when we were attacked by a couple Chimera Grimm. I had just killed the one I was fighting when I heard Ruby cry out in pain. I immediately whip around and see the Chimera towering over her; and she was on her knees holding her arm like it was injured.

"Hold on, kid, I'm coming!" I shout running to help her.

I kill the Chimera before it has another chance to hurt my boyfriend's niece. Then I kneel in front of her and saw that her upper arm was, indeed, injured.

"Let me see it, Ruby." I said gently taking hold of her elbow.

Ruby takes her hand away and I assess her wound. Thank gods it's not too serious, just a couple stitches and she'll be good as new. To stop the bleeding, I take the bandana from my arm and wrap hers with it.

"Don't worry, it's just a scratch, you'll be fine." I assure her.

"It's not a scratch, the thing bit me." Ruby told me.

"It...what? Ruby, which head bit you?" I asked her.

"Th-the snake one." Ruby replied scared and in pain.

Oh no, this is bad...very bad. The snake head of the Chimera is extremely poisonous. My heart drops to my stomach when Ruby collapses into me.

"Ruby? Ruby!?" I said shaking her.

I cup her pale face, she's warm...really warm. I've got to do something, I can't let anything happen to her. If anything happens to her, Qrow will never forgive me; h*ll, I'll never forgive myself. I don't know when it happened, but I've come to care a lot about this amazing silver-eyed girl.

"I need an emergency evac, now! And bring a vile of Chimera Anti-Venom!" I demanded into the comms.

"Yes, sir. I'm sending an airship your way." replied an Atlas personnel.

I hang up the comms then turn my attention back to the sick and injured girl in my arms. I can't stand to see that look of pain on her face, and that sheen of sweat covering her forehead. I lift her off the ground and start making my way out of the mines.

"I'm gonna get you outta here, kid. Just stay with me." I said running through the maze of tunnels.

"Nnng...U-Uncle Clover...I don't feel good." Ruby whimpered feverishly.

The fact she just called me "uncle" doesn't even phase me right now, I'm more concerned about her ever growing fever. Thankfully, I can see the mines' entrance and haul a** towards it. I don't stop running until I jump into the airship that had just landed in front of me.

"GO! Go now!" I commanded the pilot.

As the airship takes off, I set Ruby down on the bench, supporting her head. The co-pilot hands me the Chimera Anti-Venom and I don't waste a second giving it to Ruby. After a few minutes, I can already see the color start to return to her face; and she looks less in pain. Sure, she's not completely cured, but at least she's out of imminent danger.

"You're gonna be okay...I got you." I whisper, gently brushing her hair back.

The second this airship landed, I scoop up Ruby and begin carrying her towards the infirmary.

"Commander Ebi, General Ironwood has ordered your presence, you're needed for an important mission." the pilot told me.

"Does it look like I give a d*mn what the general wants right now? Tell him he can order someone else around for the day. My place is in the infirmary taking care of my niece." I said not even looking back.

Wait a minute...did I just say "my niece"? Ah, screw it, I can't deny it, I'm crazy about this kid. I'm not ashamed to admit that she's got me wrapped around her little finger. About half way to the infirmary, Ruby begins to wake up.

"Wh...w-what happened?" Ruby asked weakly.

"You were poisoned by that Chimera. But everything's going to be okay, Uncle Clover's here to take care of you." I tell her.

Smiling, she leans her head against my chest and wraps her arms around my neck. In the infirmary, the doctor sets Ruby up with two iv's; one with fluids, and the other has the anti-venom in it. Once she's settled, I take a seat next to her bed and run my fingers through her hair.

"How are you feeling, kid?" I asked her.

"Cruddy." Ruby replied with a small cough.

"I'm thirsty..." she added coughing some more.

Nodding, I get up and get the girl a glass of water. She drinks about half of it before handing it back to me. I set it on the tray table by the bed, then hold her small hand.

"You should get some rest, Ruby." I said rubbing my thumb across her knuckles.

"You'll....stay, won't you? While I sleep?" Ruby asked looking at me with those big silver eyes.

"Of course, there's nowhere else I'd rather be." I replied cupping her cheek.

"Guess I'm lucky, I got paired with you for the mission, huh?" Ruby giggled.

Right there I could see just how much Ruby and her uncle were alike. D*mn I love those two so much, Yang as well. Those three amazing people are my family, and there's nothing in the world I would ever trade them for. Just before Ruby falls asleep, I gently kiss her head. Later on, I hear someone enter the room and pull up a chair next to me.

"How is she?" Qrow, my boyfriend, asked sitting in the chair.

"She's doing really good. Her recovery is going fast and well." I replied draping my arm over his shoulders.

"That's great. Also...thanks, for saving her." Qrow said smiling greatfully at me.

"It was no problem at all...and I'd do it over and over again." I told him.

"So, I heard you referred to her as your...niece?" Qrow said putting his arm around my waist.

"Yeah...I, uh, don't know why I said it...I guess it just sorta slipped out." I replied a little nervous.

"It's probably because she keeps calling me "uncle". You...you don't mind, do you?" I asked him.

"Babe, I love that the two of you have grown so close. So, like Ruby said when you had food poisoning; you're my boyfriend, so that makes you family. So my nieces are your nieces too." Qrow answered cupping my face, making me look him in the eyes.

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I feel like the luckiest man alive just by knowing Qrow Branwen, Ruby Rose, and Yang Xiao Long. Once Ruby's well enough, we are so going out, all four of us, to do some major family bonding.

A/N: This is what a Chimera looks like: