Fair Game: Bitten

Clover was in Mantle in search of a suspicious character he was assigned to arrest. He tracked him to a rough neighborhood, and followed him into a dark alleyway.

"Anthony Leblanc, you're under arrest. Come quietly, or else I'll have to use force to take you in." Clover said in his authoritative voice, hand on his weapon.

"Hmmm...nahh, I don't think I will." replied Anthony.

He attacks the Ace Op and they engage in a one on one battle. Clover manages to pin Antony down and cuff him.

"Wow, you sure can put up a fight. Now, sit still while I call for a ride. And if you cooperate maybe I can get you a really nice cell." Clover said pulling out his scroll.

"Hehehe, you really think you won just now. Ha! Unlike you I didn't come alone." replied Anthony, getting to his knees.

Suddenly, a pair of...fangs...sink into the crook of his neck, and he lets out a yell of pain. Then he feels something enter his veins, making him dizzy and weak. He falls to the ground the second the fangs are pulled out. Laying on his side he reaches out for his scroll that he dropped, but a leather boot stomps on his wrist.

"Gahh!" Clover grunted.

The boot holds down his wrist as a slender hand picks up his scroll. Clover looks up and sees a thin blonde woman walk over to Anthony and uncuff him. When he gets to his feet, she hands him Clover's scroll. Then she turns around, giving Clover the chance to look at her face. She had reptilian scales around her eyes, on her forehead, and on her cheekbones. She also had snake-like eyes, fangs, and a forked tongue. The woman was a snake faunus.

"Commander Ebi, I would like you to meet my fiancee, Viper." Anthony said.

Shakily, Clover gets himself to his hands and knees. His limbs felt heavy and his head spun.

"Don't even bother trying, my venom will zap away all your ssstrength, ssso you might asss well lay down." Viper told him.

Anthony walks over to Clover and kicks him in the stomach, knocking him back down.

"What...are you...planning?" Clover asked.

"I'm gonna use your scroll to gain access to everything labeled confidential. I mean, you are one of the highest ranking Atlas officials, so it shouldn't be too hard." Anthony told him.

"Oh, and by the way...that venom that's in your veins, is going to give you a slow and painful death. Tell him dear." he added draping his arm around his fiancee's shoulders.

"Well, firssst comesss the weaknessss and dizzinessss. Then comesss the raging fever that leavesss you deliriousss and disssoriented. Next comesss the full body pain, that feelsss like razor bladesss are running through your veinsss. And my favorite part...are the random ssseizuresss. Oooh, I jussst love watching my victimsss convulssse like insssectsss under a magnifying glassss. Lassstly, your organsss will fail one by one, until your heart ssstopsss. And...you die." Viper explained.

Already, Clover can feel the fever stage begin.

"So, while all that stuff happens, I'm gonna go to Atlas. Viper, dear, I know you enjoy watching your victims die, so you just stay right here; and I'll come get you when I'm done." Anthony said to his fiancee.

"Thanksss, baby." giggled Viper.

The villains kiss, then Anthony heads towards Atlas. Clover's fever was now so high that he couldn't even think straight, could hardly think at all. He had absolutely no strength, he couldn't move. Viper just stood next to him and watched as his health slowly deteriorated. Soon, Clover's vision became swirly and clouded. Then...the pain came. The pain was so terrible, so intense, that Clover didn't even try to hold back his screams. He screamed like he's never screamed before. And Viper loved hearing those screams. The pain dragged on for hours...as did the screaming.