Fair Game: Calling In Sick

Qrow's POV

I was in the most boring meeting of my life. It consisted of me, Ironwood, Winter, Penny, and the Ace Ops...well, except for Clover. Though, Clover was supposed to be here, it would've been so much more bearable if he was there. Wonder why he wasn't there? It's not like him to miss a meeting like this.

"Hey, um, do any of you know why Clover wasn't at the meeting earlier?" I asked the Ace Ops.

"He said something about not feeling well." shrugged Marrow.

"Guess he called in sick." added Hariet.

When they were gone, off to go train and other things, I make my way towards Clover's room. At first, I hesitate to knock on his door. What if he doesn't want to be bothered? But then I think, what if he's passed out on the floor and needs help? It would be so much easier to know what to do if I knew where I stood with the man. He flirts with me, I flirt with him; but that's about it. Is he interested in me or are my feelings just one-sided? I was still trying to make up my mind when my scroll buzzed.

🍀Clover: How was the meeting?

Me: Boring.😪

🍀Clover: Sorry I couldn't be there, woke up feeling like crap. Had to call in sick.

Me: What's wrong?

🍀Clover: Cold, probably...though with the way I'm feeling, it's most likely the flu.

Me: You should get some rest, then. Gotta have my lucky charm at 100% good health.😉

🍀Clover: Okay. Right now it feels like I'm at 40% health.😷

Me: Feel better.

🍀Clover: Thanks.

"Oh, for the love of the gods, just go in there already and take care of him." Elm whispered over my shoulder, making me jump.

"How long have you been standing there?" I whispered back.

"Not long, but I did see your texts. Dude, he wants you to keep him company, that's why he messaged you and asked what you were up to." replied Elm.

"Then why didn't he just ask me directly?" I asked her.

"Because, the man is never direct, he's too subtle for his own good. Trust me, he's really into you...and you're obviously into him. So the both of you need to get your heads out of your a**es and just be boyfriends already." Elm answered.

"Now, get. In. There. And take care of him." Elm told me pointing towards Clover's room.

"Also...make sure you're the one who asks him out. There's a betting pool, and I have 60 lien that says you'll make the first move." she added shoving me towards the door.

"Isn't meddling in the bet, cheating?" I asked smirking.

"I'll let you have a cut of the winnings if you don't rat me out." Elm whispered in my ear before shoving me into Clover's room and shutting the door behind me.

Thankfully, Clover was asleep when Elm shoved me in here. Woah...Clover looked...well he looked as bad as he said he felt. His hair was a mess and he was pale; except for around his eyes, his nose, cheeks, and the tips of his ears. He had a blanket wrapped around him tightly, shivering slightly. His coughs and breathing was just plain pitiful.

"Aww, poor thing." I mumble walking towards the bed.

I sit on the edge of the bed next to him and feel his forehead. He was pretty warm, not concerningly so, but he definitely had a fever. That's when Clover stirs awake.

"Qrow?" Clover said, his voice horribly raspy and stuffed up.

"Wow, you really are sick, huh?" I said massaging my fingers into his scalp.

Clover sighs contentedly, closing his eyes and smiling.

"That feels nice...don't stop." Clover mumbled sleepily.

"Whatever you want, lucky charm." I replied smiling.

Clover's almost back to sleep, when he starts coughing up a lung. Then he practically sneezes his brains out.

"This suuucks!" Clover groaned dramatically.

"Is there anything I can do for you, lucky charm?" I asked fixing his blanket.

"You can put me out of my misery." Clover answered.

"Haha, no can do. I like having you around." I chuckled patting his chest.

"Fine. But, can you get me another blanket, I'm freezing?" Clover asked, rubbing at his arms.

"Not sure if that's a good idea. Wouldn't want your fever going up." I told him.

Disappointed, Clover folds his arms and pouts. Oh man, his pout is so adorable, especially with his little red nose.

"First, you deny me the sweet release of death from this plague. And now you're gonna let me freeze? Why are you so cruel to me? You're here to take care of me, aren't you?" Clover said continuing to pout like a child.

"Yes. I'm taking care of you. So, that means I can't let you die or your brain fry from fever." I said fluffing his pillow and tucking the blanket he has around him.

Then, without thinking, I lean forward and kiss his forehead. My eyes widen when I realized what I did.

"I-I'm sorry...I...I didn't mean...no, I mean I...uh...ummm..." I stammered nervously.

Suddenly, Clover grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

"It's okay...I liked it." Clover told me.

"Hey, umm...speaking of...liking things. I've got to tell you....uh...would you like to go out with me? As...ya know...boyfriends?" I finally ask him.

"Aww, darn...you beat me to it. Yes, I'll go out with you, and yes, I'll definitely be your boyfriend." Clover replied grinning.

"Of course, it'll have to wait until I get better...that is if you take really good care of me." he added grabbing my other hand.

"That's why I'm here." I said giving him a longer, more loving kiss to his forehead.

I took care of my new boyfriend for the three days that he was sick. And when he was better...I, unfortunately, caught what he had.

"This is your fault." I grumbled, feeling miserable.

"Sorry, little bird." Clover said with a smile as he tucked me into bed.

He kisses my forehead and takes care of me like I took care of him. When I finally got better, after a d*mn week cause my immune system totally sucks, Clover and I finally went out on our first date. Also, Elm recently gave me 30 lien...saying it was, "my cut".