Fair Game: Nightmares Are The Worst

A/N: Sequel to "Lover's Quarrel"

Requested by: Furby_the_demon____

Clover hasn't been sleeping well these past few days. He keeps having nightmares; nightmares where he loses the people he loves like Qrow, Ruby, Yang, and his parents. He also has nightmares about the people he's already lost like Punzie, Rose, and Phillip. No one knows why he's all of the sudden having nightmares after nightmares nonstop. The lack of sleep these nightmares are causing is really starting to take a toll on his body; he's at a point where he's hardly eating...which really worries his boyfriend, Qrow.

"I don't know what to do; he's not eating, he's not sleeping. I don't know how he got like this or how to fix it. I just feel so useless. Things are usually the other way around with him taking care of me and my sleep issues. Do you know what I should do?" Qrow rambled into his scroll to Clover's mother, Joanna.

He had called her in desperate need of advice; because who would know how to help Clover more than his own mother?

"Oh, sweetie, calm down, Clover's going to be fine. When he was younger, he would have terrible nightmares whenever he was under a lot of stress. All you have to do is get him to rest and eat...force him if you have to. Also, he's quite prone to fevers when he's sleep deprived, so look out for that." Joanna explained to him.

"Thanks, Joanna." Qrow said with a relieved sigh.

"You're welcome, sweetie. Take care of our little good luck charm and keep me updated on how he's doing." Joanna replied.

"I will, I promise. Talk to you later." Qrow said.

"Bye, sweetie." Joanna said before hanging up.

Qrow sets his scroll down and goes to check on Clover. He was sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands.

"Clover...how are you feeling, baby?" Qrow asked hugging him from behind.

"I'm tired..." Clover whimpered weakly.

"Then maybe you should lay down and try getting some sleep." Qrow told him.

"What's the point...I'll just have another nightmare." Clover replied about to cry.

"Well, can you at least eat something? You haven't been eating like you should, and it's really starting to scare me." Qrow said sitting next Clover.

"I...I guess I could try." Clover said wiping unshed tears from his eyes.

"What do you want me to make you?" Qrow asked.

"Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich." Clover answered.

"Okay, babe." Qrow said kissing Clover's forehead.

He noticed that it was slightly warmer than normal, so it was clear that Clover had a lowgrade fever. Qrow gets up and makes Clover's food. He ended up eating only a quarter of the soup and half of the sandwich...but that wasn't quite to Qrow's liking.

"Do me a favor and eat a little bit more." Qrow pleaded.

Clover gives him a look that says, "I don't want to." .

"Please." Qrow said looking at Clover lovingly.

"Okay." Clover replied.

After Clover eats a little more, Qrow drags him over to the bed and makes him lay down.

"Try to sleep." Qrow told him.

"I can't, Qrow...the nightmares." Clover whined.

"Then just tell me what's going on with you. Your mother told me you get like this when you're stressed, so please tell me what's stressing you. I'm really trying here, I need to know what's wrong so I can help you." Qrow said trying to remain calm.

"Is it because of that fight we had two weeks ago, are you still upset about that?" Qrow asked worriedly.

"No, honey, it's not that I promise. It's...other things." Clover assured him.

"What things, Clover?" Qrow asked getting in the bed and pulling Clover into his arms.

"It's...I don't know exactly what it is...I guess it's just a mixture of things. I don't know what to do, Qrow, I'm just so d*mn tired." Clover said beginning to cry.

Qrow holds him tighter and tries to soothe him.

"You...my love...need a vacation. You're obviously overworked." Qrow said running his fingers through Clover's hair.

"Ya know....that actually sounds like a good idea." Clover replied.

"Okay, here's the plan; tomorrow we're going to Patch. And I will spoil the crap out of you, and all you need to do is just relax." Qrow said pulling the blanket over the both of them.

"Can we cuddle a lot?" Clover asked.

"Of course. We can cuddle all day long if you want." Qrow replied kissing Clover all over his face and neck.

"Now, please sleep. You're a little feverish and I don't want you getting sick." he said.

"I love you, Qrow. You're so good to me." Clover yawned.

"I love you too." Qrow said rubbing Clover's back.

Clover falls asleep in Qrow's arms and finally sleeps through the night for the first time in days.