Fair Game: Save The Crow

A/N: Based off of She-Ra Princesses of Power s5 e5, "Save the Cat".

Qrow is in danger; he and Oscar were captured by Salem's forces. They attempted an escape, but Qrow let himself get caught so Oscar could have time to escape.

"We have to go back for Qrow!" Clover said.

"Clover's right, we can't just leave him there, they could kill him." Yang agreed.

"It's settled then, we're heading back to save Uncle Qrow." Ruby said.

The group head back to where Oscar and Qrow were being held after they formed a plan. Clover goes off on his own to look for his boyfriend.

"Ah, Commander Ebi, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Watts said from behind.

Clover turns around and sees Dr. Watts standing a few feet away from him. Beside Watts was a mysterious hooded figure.

"Where's Qrow!?" Clover asked him.

"Oh, Ebi, don't you recognize your own lover?" Watts replied gesturing to the figure beside him.

The figure pulls their hood down, revealing them to be Qrow. But he didn't look quite right...the entirety of his eyes were glowing red.

"Wh...w-what did you do to him!?!" Clover shouted angrily.

"It's a new invention of mine. A small chip that is placed on the base of the neck and attaches itself to the nervous system...giving me control of their mind. All I have to do is type in a command into my scroll and he'll do it." Watts explained.

He pulls out his scroll and types something in.

"Like, for example, I just typed in, kill Clover. You two have fun now." Watts said before leaving the room.

"Qrow...a-are you in there?" Clover asked.

Qrow didn't respond, he just slowly walks towards Clover, dragging Harbinger behind him.

"Qrow, please, snap out of it. You're stronger than this, fight it." Clover begged.

Clover then dodges as Qrow swings Harbinger at him.

"Qrow! I don't want to fight you! Honey, please, the last thing I wanna do is hurt you." Clover said pulling out Kingfisher.

He uses his weapon to block another attack from his mind controlled boyfriend. During the fight, Clover was able to get Harbinger away from Qrow. But after Qrow kicks Kingfisher out of Clover's grasp, they switch to hand-to-hand combat. When Clover pushes Qrow into a wall, the chip sparks causing Qrow's eyes to flash back to normal for a moment.

"Qrow?...Qrow, honey, can you hear me?" Clover asked desperately.

Qrow growls lunging forward, but Clover pushes him back against the wall, a little harder, and pins him there. The chip sparks even more causing him to yelp in pain. Then his eyes return to normal.

"C-Clover?....w-what are you doing here? I told you guys to stay away, it's too dangerous here. You should've just left me behind, we all know that I don't matter." Qrow said weakly.

"Honey, you matter to me!" Clover replied cupping Qrow's cheek.

The chip on Qrow's neck sparks again and his eyes go back to the red glow and he knees Clover in the chest hard, knocking the breath out of him. Clover is on his knees clutching his chest, trying to catch his breath. The mind controlled huntsman grabs his boyfriend's hair and punches him in the face. The Ace Op grabs Qrow's shirt and throws him off of him. As Qrow clutches his head, crying in pain and fear, he switches back and forth between himself and being mind controlled while stepping backwards closer and closer to the edge of a deep chasm.

"Qrow, honey, please, let us help you! Pietro, he can remove the chip safely, I know he can." Clover told him trying to coax him away from the edge.

"I-I'm too dangerous...just...please...s-stay away, I don't want to hurt you anymore than I already have." Qrow replied voice trembling with fear.

"No. I love you too much to just leave here without you. I'm taking you home, Qrow, where it's safe." Clover argued.

"Promise?" Qrow pleaded.

"Yes, my little bird, I promise." Clover said holding his hand out for his boyfriend to grab.

Before Qrow could reach Clover's hand, the chip sends a powerful electrical shock all throughout his body, making him scream in pain. The shock shattered Qrow's aura and he wavers on his feet before falling backwards into the chasm.

"QROW!!" Clover screamed tears in his eyes.

He didn't hesitate at all before jumping into the inky black darkness of the chasm his boyfriend had just fallen into. When he hit the ground he briefly lost consciousness. Clover wakes up to a pain in his leg, so he couldn't stand. He spots Qrow laying lifeless a short distance from him and starts dragging himself towards him. Qrow had a wound on his head that bled, and blood slowly dripped from his nostrils.

"Q-Qrow....honey....b-baby bird?" Clover whimpered pulling his boyfriend into his arms.

Qrow laid limply in Clover's hold, his pulse and breath so weak that it was almost nonexistent. Clover cries quietly as he holds his dying boyfriend to his chest. He presses his forehead to Qrow's and pets the back of his head, not caring about the blood getting all over his hand from Qrow's head wound. His distress causes Grimm to be attracted to him, and now a bunch of Sabyrs and Beowolves have surrounded the couple. Before any of them could attack, a blinding white light fills the space and all the Grimm had been dusted.

"Uncle Qrow ! Uncle Clover!" Ruby shouted running up to Clover and Qrow.

"Jaune! Come quick, Uncle Qrow's hurt!" she called out after seeing the state her uncle was in.

Jaune comes and uses his semblance to heal Qrow. After he was healed the group takes Qrow home where Pietro prepares to remove the chip from his nervous system.

"Clover...I'm scared, hold my hand please." Qrow said.

"Of course, hun." Clover replied grabbing Qrow's hand and kissing his knuckles.

The removal of the chip was quite painful so Clover held Qrow's hand, kissed his head, and stroked the side of his face to comfort him. Once the chip was successfully removed, Qrow sighs in relief.

"He's good as new, he just needs to rest now." Pietro told Clover.

"I'll make sure he rests." Clover replied.

He scoops up Qrow and carries him, bridal-style, to their room. Then he lays him in bed and gets under the covers with him. Qrow immediately snuggles against his boyfriend's chest.

"Thanks for not giving up on me." Qrow mumbled sleepily.

"Honey, there's nothing in this world that would make me give up on you." Clover replied, kissing Qrow's temple.

Qrow falls asleep in Clover's embrace and Clover just lays there, awake, watching his boyfriend sleep.