Fair Game: The Black Bird of Vale pt.7

A/N: Vigilante AU.

Searching all over the city, Qrow(as Harbinger) tries to find Weiss Schnee, who had been kidnapped by Cinder's gang. A few moments ago, a ransom video was uploaded demanding $800,000 from Weiss's father for her safe return. Everyone knew that Jaques Schnee was cold and pretty much heartless; it wouldn't really surprise anyone if he'd let his daughter get hurt rather than give up even a single dime of his fortune. So, it was imperative that Qrow finds the poor girl quickly. 

"I've located where the van that took miss Schnee is. I'll send you the coordinates." Pietro said over the comms.

"Thanks." Qrow replied.

When he arrives at the warehouse where Weiss is being held, Qrow climbs onto the roof and looks through the skylight. Weiss was tied to a chair in the center of the room, surrounded by at least twenty thugs standing guard. He surveyed the area over and over again, coming up with a strategy to safely extract the young opera singer. Then, Qrow hears footsteps behind him and quickly turns around with his fists raised.

"Woah, woah, hey! I'm not a threat, I'm not a threat!" Clover said holding his hands up in surrender.

"What the h*ll is he doing here!?!" Qrow thought.

"What the h*ll are you doing here?!" he growled, a device in his mask disguising his voice.

"I, uh, I'm a journalist...and I happened to see you head towards this warehouse, so I...um...followed you." Clover replied.

"Why? So you could get a good story out of this!? Sorry, but you're only endangering yourself and that girl!" Qrow said angrily, cause he was worried about his safety.

"I'm not stupid! Of course I'm not gonna get in the way of you saving that girl! What do you take me for?! I'm only here because the people, mainly my boss, wants to know more about you; and the only way to get that information is from you yourself. My boss has been on my a** about you for days, my job is on the line. So, when all of this is over and that girl is safe and sound, would you please consider meeting me somewhere for an interview." Clover said.

"Fine. But you have to do me a favor." Qrow grumbled.

"Okay, what is it?" Clover nodded.

"See those vans behind the building? I want you to hotwire one of them, and when I come out with the girl, I'm gonna give her to you and you're gonna get her out of here and somewhere safe. And I'll keep these guys from following you. If you're gonna be here, you're gonna be useful." Qrow told him.

"Seems fair." Clover agreed.

"You know how to hotwire a vehicle, don't you?" Qrow asked.

"Yes. An old boyfriend from high school taught me." Clover answered.

"Will you be able to defend yourself if you're spotted by one of these thugs?" Qrow asked him.

Qrow knew the answer to that question, he knew about Clover's military background. Though right now he was Harbinger and Harbinger doesn't know who Clover is.

"Yeah, I can handle myself. I'm Clover, by the way." Clover said before climbing down from the roof and heading towards the vans.

"D*mn it, just my luck that my boyfriend is here." Qrow mumbled to himself.

Returning his focus to the task at hand, Qrow opens the skylight and grabs a couple smoke bombs from his belt. They would obscure the thugs's vision without causing harm to Weiss, his mask allowed him to see through the smoke. He throws them down and smoke starts to fill the room, causing mass confusion amongst the thugs. Next, he uses grappling hook to lower himself down into the room and immediately starts kicking a**.

"What the f**k is going on!?" a thug shouted.

"It's that Harbinger guy, get him!" said another.

"Where is he, I can't see!" said a third.

Qrow had defeated almost half of the thugs when he heard Weiss shriek and saw her being dragged out of the back entrance by Cinder.

"HELP! PLEASE, HELP ME!" Weiss shouted.

Unfortunately, he couldn't come to her aid, cause he was too busy fighting off Cinder's thugs. So, while all that was going on, Clover had managed to successfully hotwire a van. Then he was attacked by a thug with a gun. He was able to fight him off and disarm him, only getting a bruised chin out of it. When he saw Cinder come out the back with Weiss, Clover grabs the gun and points it as the criminal.

"Let the girl go, now!" Clover demanded.

Instantly, Cinder grabs a very large knife and holds it against Weiss's throat.

"Drop the gun, or else I'll slice her throat open." Cinder snarled.

"Please help me, I'm so scared. I wanna go home!" Weiss cried.

"Shut up, brat!" Cinder growled at her.

As Clover sets the gun on the ground, Qrow busts out the back door, causing Cinder to tighten her hold on Weiss and presses the knife a little closer to her neck.

"Stand back! I swear to god, I'll kill this little b**ch!" Cinder shouted.

"I-if you let me go....I-I'll give you my father's credit card number." Weiss begged.

"Hmm...give it to me now and I'll let you go." Cinder replied, with a sinister grin.

Weiss tells Cinder her father's credit card number, then Cinder lowers the knife, making Weiss sigh in relief. Just when everyone thought Weiss was safe, Cinder suddenly plunges the knife deep into Weiss's side.

"GAAAHHH!" Weiss cried out in agony.

Cinder roughly rips the knife out of Weiss's side, shoves the girl to the ground, then makes a run for it.

"Go after her, I got the girl!" Clover told Qrow, who was only Harbinger to him.

Qrow runs after Cinder while Clover runs over to Weiss, who was bleeding...a lot.

"It's gonna be okay, I'm gonna help you." Clover assured her as he scooped her up and carried her to the van.

He gets her into the passenger seat and buckles her in carefully.

"Use this to slow down the bleeding." Clover told her giving her his jacket.

The journalist drives as fast as he could without causing a wreak towards the hospital; glancing at the injured girl every so often to see how she was holding up. Blood was getting all over Weiss's dress and all over Clover's jacket, and she was beginning to lose consciousness.

"Hey! Stay with me, kid. Stay awake." Clover said.

"I...I-I...can't..." Weiss replied before promptly passing out.

"Sh*t! Weiss! Weiss!!" Clover shouted, trying to get the girl to wake up.

Luckily, he saw a sign that said the hospital was coming up, so he stomps on the gas and drives faster. Once he got there, he carries Weiss into the hospital and she was immediately taken back by the doctors. He takes out his phone and calls Robyn to tell her everything, then takes a seat in the waiting room...there was no way he was leaving until he knew that Weiss was okay.

"Where's my sister!? Where is she!?" Winter asked him when she arrived at the hospital with Robyn thirty minutes after Clover got Weiss there.

"She's in surgery." Clover replied.

"What were you even doing there?" Robyn asked.

"I followed Harbinger there. He was the only reason I was even able to get Weiss out of there, he's going after Cinder Fall as we speak." Clover told her.

"That was very dangerous, Clover, don't do that again." Robyn said.

Another hour later, the doctor comes out and says Weiss is okay, much to everyone's relief. Winter has Clover come and sit with her in Weiss's hospital room, cause she knew she'd want to thank him when she woke up.