Fair Game: I Can't Breathe

Clover's POV

Qrow and I were out on a date at a fair that had come into town. We were walking around where all the food stands were.

"Excuse me, sirs, would you like to buy a vegan smoothie?" said a teenaged boy at a smoothie stand.

"Sure, why not." I shrugged.

I bought Qrow and I a smoothie, which wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty good. I was a quarter into it when I felt a burning itch in the back of my throat. I cleared my throat to try to get rid of the itch, but it didn't work. Now my entire throat was burning and in pain, and I couldn't stop coughing.

"Babe, are you okay?" Qrow asked me.

"I-I don't know...I can't seem to catch my breath." I answered, coughing.

"Holy sh*t! Clover, your face!" Qrow said concerned.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Your face...i-it's all...blotchy and red!" Qrow told me, starting to panic.

And that's when the swelling started. Oh no, I'm having an allergic reaction! This isn't good, my epipen is at home.

"Q-Qrow...help me!" I gasped.

My throat, tongue, and lips were now swelling up big time, and I could barely get a breath in. The lack of oxygen is making me so dizzy, and I collapse into Qrow's arms. This whole situation has caught everyone's attention, so many people were staring at us.

"What the h*ll was in that smoothie!?" Qrow yelled angrily at the smoothie boy.

"U-u-uhhh....there's umm...bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries...a-and, uh, almond milk." the smoothie boy explained.

"Almond milk!?! You idiot, why didn't you mention that beforehand!? He's allergic to all nuts." Qrow shouted.

"Don't you know your supposed to tell people about potential allergens in your food?! That's just common sense!!" he growled.

"I...I-I....I'm soooorrrryyyy!" the smoothie boy cried, terrified of my boyfriend's fury.

"I swear to the gods, if my boyfriend dies, I'm coming after your skinny a**!!" Qrow threatened him.

The poor boy cries even harder, then Qrow calls an ambulance.

"Hold on, babe, just keep breathing." Qrow whispered to me.

"I...I c-can't...*cough**gasp**cough*....I can't breathe!!" I wheezed.

I can hear the sirens of the ambulance right before I pass out in Qrow's arms. I wake up in the hospital with an oxygen mask on my face.

"Oh, thank the gods you're awake!" Qrow said hugging me.

I looked at his face, his eyes were all red and puffy from crying.

"Honey, I'm okay now." I told him, cupping his face.

"Y-you stopped breathing, Clover...I never been so scared in my life. I felt so helpless." Qrow said, placing his hands over mine.

"Well, it's all over and I'm alright. So, you don't have to be scared." I said going to pull the oxygen mask off.

"Keep that on." Qrow said holding the mask in place.

"But I wanna kiss you." I replied.

"Sorry, but you're keeping that on until the doctor says otherwise." Qrow told me.

"Then give me a kiss." I requested.

Smiling, Qrow leans forward and kisses my forehead. I scooted over a little in the bed and made Qrow lay next to me. He wraps me up in his arms and kisses the top of my head.

"Did you have to make that poor kid cry?" I asked.

"Well, yes I did, his idiocy almost got you killed. Besides, why the f**k do people call it almond milk? Milk comes from animals not nuts. They should call it...I don't know...juice or something?" Qrow said.

"Hun, just try saying "nut juice" with a straight face...go ahead try." I chuckled.

My boyfriend then starts giggling which turns into hysterical laughter.

"Okay, okay...you got a point." Qrow laughed.

"From now on, you're carrying your epipen with you everywhere. No if's, and's, or but's." he said seriously.

"Okay, if it'll make you feel better, I will." I said snuggling into Qrow's side.

For the rest of the day, Qrow and I laid in my hospital bed, cuddling each other. The next day, Qrow took me home where he made me rest even more...even though I was completely fine. I feel kinda bad that I scared him so badly, maybe he's right, maybe it would be a good idea to carry my epipen with me everywhere.